Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-P students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
Do more with MultiSearch. Search multiple UWP databases simultaneously.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- General Science Full Text "Provides full text from more than 100 periodicals dating as far back as 1995, in addition to indexing and abstracts for nearly 300 periodicals back to 1984. Subject coverage includes astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, conservation, health & medicine, oceanography, physics, zoology and much more."
- IEEE Xplore IEEE Xplore provides full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE Standards.
JSTOR: Arts & Sciences Collections I, II, III, IV, VII & XII; Biological Sciences collection Archives of scholarly electronic journals in sociology, political science, economics, mathematics & statistics, history; law, asian studies, ecology, botony, evolutionary biology, plant and animal sciences, paleontology, and conservation.
NOTE: you may limit your results to show only the content you have access to through UW-Platteville's subscription. At the top of the results list, choose Content I can access from the drop down menu.
- MathSciNet Indexes and abstracts over 3,100 periodicals and 7,500+ books, conference proceedings and technical reports from two American Mathematical Society publications.
- Project Muse 400+ journals covering the subject areas of the arts, culture, history, literature, philosophy and politics.
NOTE Only journals with this green arrow icon are available.
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film & television, gardening, health & medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news & current events, photography, popular & classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports & fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- Web of Science Citation Databases Provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities Citation Index. Together they index over 8,000 scholarly journals and can be searched by author, topic or citation.
- General Electronic Databases
- The Cambridge Dictionary of Statistics QA276.14 .E84 2002
Comprehensive Sites on Mathematics
Miscellaneous web sites
Mathematics at UW-Platteville
- The Mathematics Office is located in 151 Gardner. For a listing of courses or for more information on the program, call (608) 342-1741.
- Jessica Donahoe is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Mathematics program. Contact Jessica at (608) 342-1348 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in mathematics. Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.