- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- Annual Reviews (an index, no fulltext) An intelligent synthesis of scientific literature.
- LexisNexis Academic Provides access to 6,000 news, business, legal and reference information. Some full text.
- MasterFile PremierOffers abstracts and full text to more thant 500 general interest periodicals, including Magill's Book Reviews.
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film & television, gardening, health & medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news & current events, photography, popular & classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports & fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
Electronic Reference Sources
- The Karrmann Library's Reference Resource web page for Book Reviews
- CQ ResearcherIn-depth, weekly publication covering current and controversial issues. Full text.
- Karrmann Library Catalog Check here to see if the Library owns the material you're looking for.
- WISCAT (books in Wisconsin libraries) Combined catalog of books and other materials in over 1000 Wisconsin libraries.
- WorldCatBooks and materials in libraries worldwide.
- JSTOR: Arts & Sciences Collections I, II, III, IV, VII & XII; Biological Sciences collection Archives of scholarly electronic journals in sociology, political science, economics, mathematics & statistics, history; law, asian studies, ecology, botony, evolutionary biology, plant and animal sciences, paleontology, and conservation.
NOTE: you may limit your results to show only the content you have access to through UW-Platteville's subscription. At the top of the results list, choose Content I can access from the drop down menu.
- Newspaper Source Plus Includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles. In addition, the database features more than 601,300 television and radio news transcripts, videos & podcasts.
- Project Muse 400+ journals covering the subject areas of the arts, culture, history, literature, philosophy and politics.
NOTE Only journals with this green arrow icon are available.
- SAGE Journals Online SAGE publishes over 470 journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine.
Full-Text is available for articles that have been published SINCE 1999.
- See also, the Karrmann Library's Reference Resource web page for Electronic Journals
- Read the FAQs about our new Find It! service.
- Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find it in full-text.