Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-P students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
Do more with MultiSearch. Search multiple UWP databases simultaneously.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index A citation index can be searched by author, topic and citation.
- Humanities Full Text "Includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals—of which 470 are peer-reviewed—dating as far back as 1984. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more."
- MLA Directory of Periodicals "Offers detailed information on over 7,100 journals, with 4,400 currently indexed in the International Bibliography. The detailed entries include editorial contact information, as well as frequency, circulation, subscription prices and submission guidelines."
- MLA International Bibliography "A bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations. Produced by the Modern Language Association, the electronic version of the bibliography dates back to the 1920s and contains over 1.8 million citations from more than 4,400 journals and series and 1,000 book publishers."
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film & television, gardening, health & medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news & current events, photography, popular & classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports & fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- General Electronic Databases
Comprehensive Sites on Foreign Language
French Studies Comprehensive Sites:
- A Comprehensive List of French Web Servers Is maintained by the Unite Reseaux National de la Recherche Scientifique. Organized alphabetically and by subject and region.
- Dave's French Links This site is a compilation of hot links created by David A. Gatwood from a list by Bob Peckham (Tennessee Bob).
- French Resources Is maintained by the Department of Foreign Languages & Literatures at Appalachian State University.
- French Studies Web Is maintained by the Western European S tudies Section (WESS), which is part of the Association of College and Research Libraries, a division of the American Library Association. Well organized and useful links.
- Human-Languages Page Has alphabetical listings of links by language.
- Interesting Web Sites Francais Maintained at the University of Warwick and contains interesting links.
- Le Ministere de la Culture Useful guide to France online. Includes links to government web servers.
French Linguistic and Literary Resources
French News and Information
German Studies Comprehensive Sites:
German Linguistic and Literary Resources
German News and Information
- German Language Newspapers Maintained at the University of N orth Carolina at Greensboro.
- German Language Newspapers and Other News Sources (WESS) Provides links to a number of useful new sources. Maintained by the Western European Specialists Section (WESS), which is a part of the Association of College and Research Libraries; a division of the American Library Association.
- GermNews, J ahresübersicht News summaries in German which are updated on a daily basis. News is archived back to December 1993.
- GermanyFacts and information about Germany.
Spanish Studies Comprehensive Sites:
Spanish Linguistic and Literary Resources
Spanish News and Information
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Foreign Languages at UW-Platteville
- The Foreign Languages Office is located in 228 Warner and the contact person is Teresa Burns. For a listing of courses or for more information on this program, call (608) 342-1723.
- John Berg is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Foreign Languages program. Contact John at (608) 342-1355 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in Foreign Languages. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.