Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-P students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
Do more with MultiSearch. Search multiple UWP databases simultaneously.
Use RefWorks, citation tool for UWP users to build bibliographies or create a personal database of records.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- Education Full Text "Provides full text of articles from over 350 journals as far back as 1996, in addition to indexing of over 770 periodicals dating back to 1983. Content includes in-depth coverage of special education, with over 50 journals dedicated to this important topic, and more than 100,000 controlled and cross-referenced names of educational tests. Subject coverage includes adult education, continuing education, literacy standards, multicultural/ethnic education, teaching methods and much more."
- ERICIndexes and abstracts to journal articles and documents in education.ERIC Thesaurus
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in PrintContains fulltext information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas. Also available in print REF LB3051.T4
- PsycINFOAbstracts from over 1300 psychology journals.
- Social Sciences Full Text "Provides access to a wide assortment of the most important English-language journals published in the social sciences. This resource provides detailed indexing for over 625 periodicals dating back as far as 1983—nearly 400 of which are peer-reviewed. "
- General Electronic Databases
Print indexes are available on the main floor of the Karrmann Library. Ask at the Reference Desk for the exact location.
- Child Development Abstracts and Bibliography
- Psychological Abstracts
Comprehensive Sites on Counselor Psychology
- Counseling Resources on the InternetAn extensive listing of Web resources maintained by the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling at California State University, Northridge.
- The Counseling WebThis site has several links of interest to counselor education. Three of the links are -- Journals and Online Publications, Career Counseling Resources, and Other Counseling Resources.
- CounselorNetA Web site from SUNY Plattsburgh indexes other Web sites useful to counselors in schools, agencies, and colleges. It also has a list of Listservs for counselors.
- ERIC/CASS(Educational Resources Information Center Clearinghouse on Counseling and Student Services) The scope of this ERIC site includes school counseling, school social work, school psychology, mental health counseling, marriage and family counseling, career counseling, and student development. The full text collections of resources are on high priority educational topics like career development, cultural diversity, school-to-work transition, school violence, student achievement, substance abuse, bullying in schools, correctional bootcamps, conflict resolution, depression and suicide, and youth gangs.
- American Counseling Association This is the home page of the American Counseling Association, the world's largest association representing professional counselors. There are links to Students in Counselor Education, Employment, and Resources and Books.
- American School Counselor AssociationThis site provides links to counseling - psychology - mental health resources, to career and college information, and education and government resources that are of interest to school counselors.
- Assessment and Evaluation on the InternetA comprehensive annotated list of resources. It covers the subject quite broadly.
- Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing (CRESST)Funded by the U.S. Dept. of Education and the Office of Educational Research and Improvement, the CRESST conducts research on important topics related to K-12 educational testing.
- ERIC/AE Test LocatorThis site allows you to search for a test by title, subject, author, or publisher. It also indexes reviews published in Buros' Mental Measurements Yearbook.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and EvaluationThe ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation seeks to provide balanced information concerning educational assessment and resources to encourage responsible test use.
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Counselor Education at UW-Platteville
- The Counselor Psychology Program is a component of the School of Education. The office is located in 426 Warner, and the program coordinator is Jim King. For a listing of courses or for more information on this program, please call Sheri Kratcha at (608) 342-1252.
- Regina Pauly is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Counselor Psychology Program. Contact Regina at (608) 342-1099 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in Counselor Psychology. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.