Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-P students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
Do more with MultiSearch. Search multiple UWP databases simultaneously.
Use RefWorks, citation tool for UWP users to build bibliographies or create a personal database of records.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- ASCE Research LibraryJournals from the American Society of Civil Engineers, this full-text database contains more than 24,000 journal and 8,700 proceedings papers, from 1993 to present.
- ASME Journals Must search in ASME Digital Library: Online Journals
Contains the full text of 21 American Society of Mechanical Engineering journals as well as abstract and citation information from over 475 international mechanical engineering journals from 1989 to the present.
- Applied Science Full Text
Indexes and abstracts for 760 science and technology journals, from as far back as 1983.
- IEEE Xplore IEEE Xplore provides full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE Standards.
- Knovel Scientific & Engineering Online References Online collection of scientific and engineering reference books. Keyword searchable or by titles. Best used with Internet Explorer.
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film & television, gardening, health & medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news & current events, photography, popular & classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports & fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- Web of Science Citation Databases Provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities Citation Index. Together they index over 8,000 scholarly journals and can be searched by author, topic or citation.
- General Electronic Databases
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Engineering at UW-Platteville
- The College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science at the University of Wisconsin--Platteville consists of six departments: Chemistry and Engineering Physics, Mathematics, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Software Engineering, General Engineering, and Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. Please contact the individual departments for further information regarding their programs.
- Jon Musselman is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Engineering program. Contact Jon at (608) 342-1649 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in engineering. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.