This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Arts and Humanities Citation Index
A citation index can be searched by author, topic and citation.
Digital Library of the Catholic Reformation
A uniquely valuable resource for historians, theologians, political scientists, and sociologists studying the religious and social upheavals of the 16th and 17th centuries. Provides access to an extensive range of seminal works from the Reformation and post-Reformation eras. With 845 titles by 277 authors, the collection is a treasury of theological writings, biblical commentaries, confessional documents, social and political works, sermons, letters, polemical treatises, and other key documents from this critical epoch in European history.
The Digital Library of Classic Protestant Texts
A uniquely valuable resource for historians, theologians, political scientists, and sociologists studying the religious and social upheavals of the 16th and 17th centuries. Enables in-depth browsing and searching of a treasury of theological writings, biblical commentaries, confessional documents, sermons, letters, polemical treatises, and other works by hundreds of Protestant authors.
Humanities Full Text
"Includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals—of which 470 are peer-reviewed—dating as far back as 1984. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more."
Humanities International Complete
A comprehensive database covering journals, books and other important reference sources in the humanities from around the world. Includes all data from Humanities International Index (more than 2,100 journals and 2.47 million records) plus unique full text content from more than 890 journals.
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
"Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film and television, gardening, health and medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
"An online encyclopedia covering a variety of philosophical topics. This resource is continuously updated by discipline experts with each entry reviewed by an editorial board prior to publication. Coverage: entries written from 1995 - present."
- General Electronic Databases
Comprehensive Sites on Philosophy
- ALEX Catalog of Electronic Texts Collection of digital documents collected in the subject areas of English literature, American literature, and Western philosophy.
- American Philosophical AssociationIncludes APA membership information, job opportunities, and other useful information about the discipline as well as the association.
- English Server Philosophy page Extensive set of electronic texts which are divided by philosopher.
- Guide to Philosophy on the Internet May be the most comprehensive collection of philosophy resources on the Internet.
- Noesis: Philosophical Research On-Line This site, maintained by the University of Evansville (Indiana), provides an encyclopedic collection of web resources in philosophy. Browse by author or collection indexes or search by keyword, limited by essays, lectures, images, reviews, texts, or tools.
- Philosophy JumpStation Links to hundreds of philosophy web sites from University of Hong Kong.
- Philosophy Research Base A meta-index of Internet philosophy resources.
- Other Philosophy Sites and Projects Maintained by Alan Liu from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- University of Chicago Philosophy ProjectThis site provides a forum for electronically mediated scholarly discussion of philosophical works.
- Yahoo! Site for Philosophy
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Philosophy at UW-Platteville
- The Philosophy Office is located in 323 Warner and the contact person is Teresa Burns. For a listing of courses or for more information on this program, call 608.342.1826.
- John Berg is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Philosophy program. Contact John at 608.342.1355 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in Philosophy. His email address is email@example.com
This pane clears float!