Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Applied Science and Technology Full Text
"Contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from more than 220 periodicals dating back to 1997. Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more."
IEEE Xplore provides full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE Standards.
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
"Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film and television, gardening, health and medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
SAGE Journals Online
SAGE publishes over 470 journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine.
Science Reference Center
A comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content. This database contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science and society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
Web of Science Citation Databases
Provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Citation Index. Together they index over 8,000 scholarly journals and can be searched by author, topic or citation.
- General Electronic Databases
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Resources of Scholarly Societies - Mechanical Engineering
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Mechanical Engineering at UW-Platteville
- The College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science at the University of Wisconsin--Platteville consists of six departments: Chemistry and Engineering Physics, Mathematics, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Software Engineering, General Engineering, and Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. Please contact the individual departments for further information regarding their programs.
- Jon Musselman is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Engineering program. Contact Jon at 608.342.1649 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in engineering. His E-mail address is email@example.com.