This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
General Science Full Text
"Provides full text from more than 100 periodicals dating as far back as 1995, in addition to indexing and abstracts for nearly 300 periodicals back to 1984. Subject coverage includes astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, conservation, health and medicine, oceanography, physics, zoology and much more."
IEEE Xplore provides full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE Standards.
JSTOR: Arts and Sciences Collections I through XII; Biological Sciences collection
Archives of scholarly electronic journals in sociology, political science, economics, mathematics and statistics, history; law, asian studies, ecology, botony, evolutionary biology, plant and animal sciences, paleontology, and conservation.
NOTE: you may limit your results to show only the content you have access to through UW-Platteville's subscription. At the top of the results list, choose Content I can access from the drop down menu.
Indexes and abstracts over 3,100 periodicals and 7,500+ books, conference proceedings and technical reports from two American Mathematical Society publications.
400+ journals covering the subject areas of the arts, culture, history, literature, philosophy and politics.
NOTE Only journals with this green arrow icon are available.
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
"Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film and television, gardening, health and medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
Web of Science Citation Databases
Provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded,Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Citation Index. Together they index over 8,000 scholarly journals and can be searched by author, topic or citation.
- General Electronic Databases
- The Cambridge Dictionary of Statistics QA276.14 .E84 2002
Comprehensive Sites on Mathematics
- Internet Public Library - Math
- Martindale's Reference Desk - Math Contains such resources as: Journal Listings, Encyclopedia's, Dictionaries, Databases, and Tutorials by Subject.
- Mathematics Archives: Lessons, Tutorials, and Lecture Notes
- Math DL Mathematical Association of America's Digital Library. A resource for both instructors and students.
- The Math Forum Math and math education links for all levels by subject (from Drexel University)
- Mathematical Monographs Collections: The virtual collection of 2,000+ volumes of signigicant historical mathematical material. Resides at different institutions. The University of Michigan Historical Mathematics Collection and Historical Mathematics Monograph Collection from Cornell
- Math-Net A global electronic information and communication system for mathematics.
- MathWorld An online encyclopedia of mathematics.
- Subject Area Pages from the Mathematics department at PennState.
- Yahoo! site for Mathematics
Miscellaneous web sites
- American Institute of Mathematics
- American Mathematical Society
- American Statistical Association
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Clay mathematics institute (CMI)
- Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (IMA)
- International Mathematical Union (IMU)
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI)
- National Council for Teachers of Mathematics
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
- General Engineering Resources by Subject
Mathematics at UW-Platteville
- The Mathematics Office is located in 151 Gardner. For a listing of courses or for more information on the program, call 608.342.1741.
- Jessica Donahoe is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Mathematics program. Contact Jessica at 608.342.1348 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in mathematics. Her E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pane clears float!