Use Karrmann Library online and printed resources to find journal articles,
demographic information, market data, advertising rates, and more!
Internet Resources and Journal Articles
Choose from the library's "Resources by Academic Discipline" Business & Accounting web page.
- Advertising Age Encyclopedia of Advertising Ref HF5803. A38
Media Statistics and Ad Rates
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook Ref HE8689 .B77
Provides industry overview, radio, TV, cable, and satellite market information for areas of dominant influence (ADI). Ad rates sometimes included.
- Editor & Publisher Market Guide Ref HF5905 .E38
Market data and surveys for cities or communities in the U.S. and Canada where a daily newspaper is published. Included are population, transportation, and sales statistics. Ad rates are not included.
- Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media Ref PN4867 .G3
Covers newspapers, magazines, radio and television stations, and cable systems in the U.S., with an international volume. Ad rates for the U.S. included.
- Television & Cable Factbook Ref TK6540 .T453
Covers statistics on local stations in the U.S. and Canada. Ad rates sometimes included in the "Stations" Volumes.
- American Marketplace: Demographics and Spending Patterns Ref HA214.A6
- County and City Data Book Ref HA202 .A36
Data on states, counties, cities and places of 2500 or more. Includes population, vital statistics, housing, commuting, education, labor force, income, agriculture, etc.
- Lifestyle Market Analyst Ref HF5415.3 .L5
Extensive information on interests, hobbies, and activities popular in each geographic and demographic market.
- Sourcebook of County Demographics Ref HA203.S65
- Sourcebook of Zip Code Demographics Ref HA203 .S66
Population, employment, housing, income, purchasing potential, and market data by an area's zip code.
- State and Metropolitan Area Data Book Ref HA202.S84
Data for metropolitan areas, central cities, and states. Offers population, vital statistics, education, crime, labor force, income, wholesale, retail, etc.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States Ref HA 202
Ask for previous editions. Convenient volume for social, political, and economic statistics and a guide to other statistical publications. Also contains market data.
- American Cost of Living Survey Ref HD6983 .A67
Price data for goods and services in U.S. cities.
- Commercial Atlas & Marketing Guide Ref/Atlas G1019 .R3
Maps, economic statistics, and demographics for the U.S., by state, county, and city.
- Household Spending: Who Spends How Much on What Ref HF5415.3 .H6
- International Marketing Data and Statistics Ref HA42 .I56
Covers 1984 to date.
- Market Share Reporter Ref HF5410 .M35
- National Trade Data Bank (NTDB) Ask at the Reference Desk or the Government Publications Dept. for online access.
- Ask at the Reference Desk
- Call 342-1668 or Toll free: 1-888-450-4632
- E-mail: Ask a Librarian!