This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Full text of 26 American Chemical Society publications are available through an agreement with the University of Wisconsin System. Web editions include full text from January 1996 to the current issue.
Applied Science and Technology Full Text
"Contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from more than 220 periodicals dating back to 1997. Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more."
General Science Full Text
"Provides full text from more than 100 periodicals dating as far back as 1995, in addition to indexing and abstracts for nearly 300 periodicals back to 1984. Subject coverage includes astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, conservation, health and medicine, oceanography, physics, zoology and much more."
IEEE Xplore provides full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE Standards.
IoP (Institute of Physics) Electronic Journals
Over 30 journals published by the Institute of Physics. Includes full-text articles and is searchable and browsable. (Select Standard Service for access.)
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
"Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film and television, gardening, health and medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
Web of Science Citation Databases
Provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Citation Index. Together they index over 8,000 scholarly journals and can be searched by author, topic or citation.
- General Electronic Databases
Web Sites on Engineering Physics
- American Institute of Physics Professional organization providing news and information.
- American Physical Society America's professional physics society providing news and information.
- Institute of Physics An international society of physics.
- Flash Animations for Physics
- Internet Public Library--Physics An excellent resource for physics information.
- Martindale's Reference Desk--Engineering
- Martindale's Reference Desk--Physics An excellent comprehensive site.
- Online Physics Tutorial Learn Physics Today. Excellent tutorial website.
- Physics for the 21st Century An online course created by the Science Media Group at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. The course is designed to help educators present contemporary perspectives of advanced physics subjects.
- PhysicsWeb Global news and information in the field of physics.
- PhysNet Worldwide Network A distributed information service that offers access to Physics departments and institutions around the world as well as free full text documents and journals.
- Sixty Symbols Free Physics and Astronomy Videos from the University of Nottingham.
- Women in Physics Contributions of 20th Century Women in Physics.
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Engineering Physics at UW-Platteville
- For a listing of courses or for more information on this program, call 608.342.1651, or visit Engineering Physics.
- Jessica Donahoe is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Engineering Physics program. Contact Jessica at 608.342.1348 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in chemistry and physics. Her E-mail address is email@example.com.
This pane clears float!