Emergency Contact Procedure
This pane clears float!
Office of Information Technology (OIT)
UW-Platteville - September 22, 2008
- During normal business hours, any emergency problems with OIT equipment, hardware or software related, should be reported to the Help Desk at 608.342.1400. Routine or “non-emergency” problems, regardless of the hour, should always be reported to the Help Desk, utilizing their voice mail system if necessary.
- During non-business hours, holidays or weekends, emergency problems with OIT equipment, hardware or software related, should be reported to the Campus Police at 608.342.1584 or 9.911. Campus Police will then contact the appropriate OIT personnel as per the call list rotation below.
Emergency problems requiring best effort corrective action by OIT are generally defined as campus-wide outages affecting a large number of UW-Platteville users or adversely impacting critical campus business or academic operations. These emergency problems include:
- Break-in, theft, fire, excessive temperature (80 degrees Fahrenheit or higher), water, electricity outage or other major disaster in the following rooms: Gardner Machine Room (006), Pioneer Student Center Machine Room (2021), or Karrmann Library Machine Room (020).
- Failure of the campus network or a campus-wide voice-over-IP telephone outage.
- Disabling software or hardware problems relating to Food Service or Payroll.
- Email system failure, main campus web page failure, or the inability to access network storage ("J" or "S" drives).
- OIT personnel are not designated as "on-call", but rather will respond, at their professional discretion and personal availability, to any emergency calls. Once contacted, OIT personnel, at their professional discretion, may call upon other OIT personnel to assist with the emergency. All calls will be reported by OIT personnel to Sue Traxler, Chief Information Officer, as soon as possible.
- OIT personnel will be compensated for any call-in or work-at-home time with either overtime or compensatory time-off, in agreement with the appropriate contract(s) or work assignment(s).
OIT CONTACT ROTATION
IF THE "FIRST CONTACT" IS UNAVAILABLE OR DOES NOT ANSWER THEIR HOME PHONE OR PAGER WITHIN 10 MINUTES, THEN CALL THE NEXT PERSON ON THE LIST. (Please provide the OIT Network Administrator with the name and phone number of the person who reported the problem).
This pane clears float!