Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- Education Full Text "Provides full text of articles from over 350 journals as far back as 1996, in addition to indexing of over 770 periodicals dating back to 1983. Content includes in-depth coverage of special education, with over 50 journals dedicated to this important topic, and more than 100,000 controlled and cross-referenced names of educational tests. Subject coverage includes adult education, continuing education, literacy standards, multicultural/ethnic education, teaching methods and much more."
- ERIC Indexes and abstracts to journal articles and documents in education.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print Contains fulltext information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas. Also available in print REF LB3051.T4
- Middle Search Plus Provides indexing and abstracting to magazines commonly used in middle school libraries.
- Primary Search Provides indexing and abstracting to magazines for young readers.
- Professional Development Collection For professional educators, provides a specialized collection of over 550 full text journals, indexing and abstracts are also provided for 800+ additional journal titles.
- PsycINFO Abstracts from over 1300 psychology journals.
- General Electronic Databases
Comprehensive Sites on Education
- U.S. Department of Education This site provides the latest funding opportunities and current federal legislation related to education, grants and student financial assistantships, and federal education initiatives, as well as links to educational organizations and departmental publications. Also available at this site is Topics from A to Z. The topics range from "accreditation" to "writing report cards." Clicking on a subject brings the user to program descriptions, reports, and other data.
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) The home page for DPI contains the staff directory; various DPI documents; links to Wisconsin Public School District Directory and Wisconsin Private School Directory.
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Education at UW-Platteville
- The School of Education office is located in 139A Doudna, contact 608.342.1131 or 608.342.1274 for more information. Regina Pauly is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the School of Education. Contact Regina for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions at 608.342.1099 or e-mail email@example.com.