The databases listed on this page are for UW-Platteville faculty, staff and students only. For users connecting from off-campus, see the Guide for Off-campus Users or Service to Distance Education Students
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
Do more with MultiSearch. Search multiple UWP databases simultaneously.
Use RefWorks, citation tool for UWP users to build bibliographies or create a personal database of records.
Electronic Resources by Subject
| Z |
Auto Repair Reference Center Free for WI Residents
- A collection of three unique databases to national and international business information: ABI/INFORM Global; ABI/INFORM Dataeline; and ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry.
Academic Search Complete
- A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- Accessible Archives, Inc. was founded in 1990 with the goal of utilizing computer technology to make available vast quantities of archived historical information, previously furnished only in microformat, hard copy form or as images only. In pursuit of this vision, primary source material has been selected to reflect a broad view of the times, and has been assembled into databases with a strict attention to detail allowing access to specific information with pinpoint accuracy.
Collections include: Civil War Collection; Godey's Lady's book; The Virginia Gazette and the Lily.
- Full text of 60+ American Chemical Society publications are available through an agreement with the University of Wisconsin System. Web editions include full text from January 1996 to the current issue. Click here for the Publications A-Z list.
African American Music Reference
- 50,000 pages of text reference, biographies, chronologies, sheet music, images, lyrics, liner notes, and discographies which chronicle the diverse history and culture of the African American experience through music. A comprehensive coverage of blues, jazz, spirituals, civil rights songs, slave songs, minstrelsy, rhythm and blues, gospel, and other forms of black American musical expression.
African American Newspapers, 1827-1998
African American Periodicals, 1825-1995
- AGRICOLA - Free Access
- Materials relating toall aspects of agriculture.
AHFS Consumer Medication Information
- (American Hospital Formulary Service) Provides patient advisory information, which covers 1,000+ generic medications, 100 natural products and 19 vaccines. It replaces Lexi-PALS Guide.
- This database focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. It offers full text articles for more than 180 international, and hundreds of pamphlets, booklets, special reports, original research and book excerpts. It features indexing and abstracts going back as far as 1984, and full text going back as far as 1990.
America: History and Life
- 2,000+ international journals covering U.S. and Canadian history. Includes some journals dealing with the history of a few foreign countries.
American History in Video
- This collection allows researchers to analyze historical events, and their presentation over time, through commercial and governmental newsreels, archival footage, public affairs footage, and documentaries, providing more than 6,000 titles in more than 1,600 hours.
America's Historical Newspapers
- Also known as Early American Newspapers Series 1 - 7, 1690-1922
- Annual Reviews (an index, no fulltext) - Free Access
- An intelligent synthesis of scientific literature.
AP NewsMonitor Collection
- Near real-time acces to top world-wide news from Associationed Press. This collection includes a rolling 30-day archive of AP Top News, WorldStream, Financial News, AP Online, U.S. Politics & Government and 50 State reports.
Applied Science & Technology Full Text
- "Contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from more than 220 periodicals dating back to 1997. Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more. "
Art Full Text
- "A comprehensive resource for art information featuring full-text articles from more than 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, high-quality indexing and abstracting of over 600 periodicals dating as far back as 1984, including 280 peer-reviewed journals, as well as indexing and abstracting of over 13,000 art dissertations. Indexing of almost 200,000 art reproductions provides examples of styles and art movements, including works by emerging artists. The database covers fine, decorative and commercial art, folk art, photography, film, and architecture, and also includes a database-specific thesaurus."
Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- A citation index can be searched by author, topic and citation.
ASCE Research Library
- Journals from the American Society of Civil Engineers, this full-text database contains more than 24,000 journal and 8,700 proceedings papers, from 1993 to present.
- Must search in ASME Digital Library: Online Journals
Contains the full text of 21 American Society of Mechanical Engineering journals as well as abstract and citation information from over 475 international mechanical engineering journals from 1989 to the present.
- The electronic version of the Encyclopedia of Associations. Contains detailed descriptions on 142,000 International and U.S. organizations.
- BadgerLink provides Wisconsin residents with access to journal, magazine, and newspaper articles, reference materials and other specialized information sources. BadgerLink is a project of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning.
Biography and Genealogy Master Index
- Locates biographical information on thousands of people.
Biography Ref Bank Select
- "Wilson’s largest biography database has combined the in-depth, original profiles of Wilson Biographies Plus Illustrated, plus the thorough periodicals coverage of Biography Index, full-text articles, page images, and abstracts from the complete range of Wilson databases (including biographical profiles, feature articles, interviews, essays, book reviews, performance reviews, speeches, or obituaries). With links to every article focused on any individual in nearly every WilsonWeb database, Biography Reference Bank offers a breadth and depth of information you’ll find in no other biography database. It covers over 500,000 people and includes over 36,000 images!"
Biological & Agricultural Index Plus
- "Provides full text of articles from over 100 journals dating back to 1997, as well as indexing and abstracts of more than 380 publications. Subject coverage includes agriculture & agricultural research, atmospheric science, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, botany, chemistry, environmental science, geology, marine biology microbiology, physics and much more."
- Indexes & abstracts international journals in the life sciences. Topics include agriculture, biochemistry, ecology, microbiology, neurology, pharmacology, toxicology and much more.
This product uses pop-ups. You must configure your pop-up blocker to allow this site
- The BioOne.1 collection provides access to the full-text of 60+ peer reviewed, high-impact bioscience research journals. You may search the other collections but you will only have access to the abstracts.
Black Drama 1850 to Present
- 207 plays by 64 playwrights, together with detailed, fielded information on related productions, theaters, production companies, and more.
Black Studies in Video
This collection features documentaries, newsreels, interviews and archival footage surveying the evolution of black culture in the United States. In partnership with California Newsreel, the videos provide access to their African American Classics collection, and includes films covering history, politics, art and culture, family structure, social and economic pressures, and gender relations. This current release includes 145 videos totaling 141 hours.
Brill e-books: Humanities and Social Sciences collections 2007-2013
- A leading international academic publisher in the Humanities and Social Sciences introduces its E-book collections in the following subject areas: Asian Studies, Biblical Studies, Ancient Near East and Early Christianity, Classical Studies, European History and Culture, Middle East and Islamic Studies, Religious Studies, Theology and Philosophy, Language and Linguistics, Religious Studies, Theology and Philosophy, and Social Sciences.
- Britannica Online
- Electronic encyclopedia with links to Web sites.
British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries
- 24,000+ letters and diaries of 91 women, biographies are included.
Buckmaster's Annual Reports
- Annual reports from Fortune 500 companies.
Business Abstracts with Full Text
- "Contains the full text of articles from more than 510 key publications dating back to 1995, and provides access to product evaluations, interviews, biographical sketches, corporate profiles, obituaries, surveys, statistical rankings, book reviews and reports from associations, societies, trade shows, conferences and more. Additional content includes quality indexing and abstracts for more than 900 publications dating back to 1982, as well as over 600,000 corporate names with cross references to specific industries and countries."
- Business Journals
- The UW system subscribes to 40+ American city business journals. Access includes exact digital replicas of the weekly business journals; digital Book of Lists and 10+ years of archived business journal articles.
Business Source Premier
- Indexes and abstracts more than 2,300 business periodicals and newspapers.
- Children's Literature Review
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1976) -
Choice Reviews Online
- Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries is the premier source for reviews of academic books, electronic media, and Internet resources of interest to those in higher education.
NOTE: Only 1 simultaneous user is allowed, please remember to log out.
Chronicle of Higher Education
- Online web site of journal, updated throughout the day with the latest news in academe (NO EMBARGO of content). The text from the current print edition, posted every Monday morning. A searchable archive of previously published content is also available.
CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- "Provides indexing for 3,001 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health, with indexing back to 1937. CINAHL Plus with Full Text also contains searchable cited references for more than 1,155 journals and provides full text for hundreds of journals, plus legal cases, clinical innovations, critical paths, drug records, research instruments and clinical trials. "
- Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1988) -
- Electronic version of journal, starting with v.57 no. 1 spring 2003. We have the print editions v.55 no. 1 spring 2001 - v. 56 no. 4 winter 2002.
- Offers access to congressional publications dealing with the wide variety of topics addressed by Congress. 1789 to Present Day
Congressional Hearings Digital Collection
- The most comprehensive online resource available for congressional publications and legislative research. It also includes member biographies, committee assignments, voting records, and financial data; and the full text of key regulatory and statutory resources.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1973) -
Community of Science (CoS)
- A compiled database of available opportunities for grants, fellowships, prizes and other type of funding. It is an extensive database with opportunities for recipients anywhere in the world, working in any discipline. Opportunity sponsors come from the public and private sector, including local, state and national governments, foundations and societies, and corporations.
COS Expertise has been incorporated within this database
- The database consists of detailed information and deadlines about calls for papers for forthcoming conferences and special issues of scholarly journals. These calls for papers are issued by professional bodies, journal editors and other conference organizers in all disciplines and from all over the world. Thus, the database serves as an alerting service for researchers, scholars and students that are seeking opportunities to present and publish their research.
Approximately 10,000 conferences are listed each year along with 1,200-1,500 special issues. These are fully searchable by name, acronym, organizer, location, publisher, topic and other fields.
- Provides authoritative information about more than 1 million scholars and organizations around the world, together with verified affiliation and publication information. The database comprises international faculty at 4-year universities and their departments. Community of Scholars is a unique tool for finding researchers by specific area of study, providing keyword access to the community behind the content.
Consumer Health Complete
- Consumer Health Complete is a comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. It is designed to support patients' information needs and foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. 2,286 Health Daily videos from NBC Digital Health Network have been added. To search for videos, select "More" (found in the blue tool bar at the top the page) and then "Medical Images/Images/Video."
- Biographical and bibliographic informationon writers, journalists, editors, etc. Full text.
- In-depth, weekly publication covering current and controversial issues. Full text.
Criminal Justice Abstracts
- "Contains hundreds of in-depth abstracts of current books, book chapters, journal articles, government reports, and dissertations published worldwide. Criminal Justice Abstracts also offers extensive coverage of new books from scholarly and commercial publishers and valuable reports from public and private agencies in many nations."
Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
- "Contains more than 200,000 records selected from the most important sources within the discipline. Subject areas covered include: criminology; criminal justice; criminal law and procedure; corrections and prisons; police and policing; criminal investigation; forensic sciences and investigation; history of crime; substance abuse and addiction; probation and parole."
Dictionary of Literary Biography Online
- "Featuring comprehensive literary biographies written by recognized literary scholars and critics, you'll find profiles of more than 143,000 past and present authors, historians, journalists, screenwriters, publishers, and playwrights. The biographies discuss the lives and careers of the literary figures profiled, along with the critical response to their works."
Digital Library of the Catholic Reformation
A uniquely valuable resource for historians, theologians, political scientists, and sociologists studying the religious and social upheavals of the 16th and 17th centuries. Provides access to an extensive range of seminal works from the Reformation and post-Reformation eras. With 845 titles by 277 authors, the collection is a treasury of theological writings, biblical commentaries, confessional documents, social and political works, sermons, letters, polemical treatises, and other key documents from this critical epoch in European history.
The Digital Library of Classic Protestant Texts
- A uniquely valuable resource for historians, theologians, political scientists, and sociologists studying the religious and social upheavals of the 16th and 17th centuries. Enables in-depth browsing and searching of a treasury of theological writings, biblical commentaries, confessional documents, sermons, letters, polemical treatises, and other works by hundreds of Protestant authors.
- Drama Criticism
- Available through Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1991) -
Early Encounters in North America: Peoples, Cultures and the Environment
- 10,000+ and growing pages of letters, diaries, memoirs and accounts of early encounters.
Early English Books Online
- A digital library of over 96,000 titles printed between 1475-1700. Searchable by keyword, title and author. NOTE: Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view page images.
- A collection of approximately 5000 electronic books that are available to UWP faculty, students and staff.
- EBSCOhost provides a number ofpopular databases including Academic Search, ERIC and Business Source Elite.
Education Full Text
- "Provides full text of articles from over 350 journals as far back as 1996, in addition to indexing of over 770 periodicals dating back to 1983. Content includes in-depth coverage of special education, with over 50 journals dedicated to this important topic, and more than 100,000 controlled and cross-referenced names of educational tests. Subject coverage includes adult education, continuing education, literacy standards, multicultural/ethnic education, teaching methods and much more."
Education Research Complete
- Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing. Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 2,150 journals, as well as full text for nearly 1,200 journals, and includes full text for more than 500 books and monographs, and for numerous education-related conference papers.
Educational Administration Abstracts
- Includes bibliographic records covering areas related to educational administration, including educational leadership, educational management, educational research, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline. The index contains 60,000 records.
Eighteenth Century Collections Online
- Provides access the digital images of every page of 150,000 English-language books published during the 18th Century. With full-text searching of approximately 33 million pages, the product allows researchers new methods of access to critical information in the fields of history, literature, religion, law, fine arts, science and more.
Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Electronic version of Britannica.
- Indexes and abstracts to journal articles and documents in education.
Ethnographic Video Online
- This collection offers streaming videos, written ethnographies, field notes, seminal texts, memoirs, and contemporary studies, covering human behavior the world over. Essential for study in the areas of politics, economics, history, psychology, environmental studies, religion, area studies, linguistics, and geography, the collection contains more than 1,800 documentary films and over 100,000 pages of full-text material, including tens of thou-sands of pages of previously unpublished material from major archives.
European Views of the Americas: 1493 -1750
- A valuable index for libraries, scholars and individuals interested in European works that relate to the Americas. EBSCO Publishing, in cooperation with the John Carter Brown Library, has created this resource from “European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed In Europe Relating to The Americas, 1493-1750,” The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
Filmakers Library Online
- This collection provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum—race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more. Videos present points of view and historical and current experiences from diverse cultures and traditions world-wide, with 1,019 titles in approximately 806 hours.
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- Electronic version of the New World Encyclopedia.
Garland Encyclopedia of World Music Online
- A comprehensive resource devoted to music research of all the world's peoples. Includes 1,200+ essays and images from 10 sources and hundreds of audio examples.
- International publications devoted to women and genderissues. Full text.
General Science Full Text
- "Provides full text from more than 100 periodicals dating as far back as 1995, in addition to indexing and abstracts for nearly 300 periodicals back to 1984. Subject coverage includes astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, conservation, health & medicine, oceanography, physics, zoology and much more."
- "This database is a comprehensive geoscience database containing over 2.6 million bibliographic records from more than 3,000 journals and other sources. GeoRef provides coverage in subject areas such as mineralogy and crystallography, general mineralogy, mineralogy of silicates, and mineralogy of non-silicates."
NOTE: We also have access to GeoRef in Process which contain unedited records that are in the process of being indexed to the main database.
The Gilded Age
- Contains primary documents and scholarly commentary the reflect the social and cultural turmoil of the late nineteenth century. The Gilded Age offers a wealth of rare materials, including songs, letters, photographs, cartoons, government documents, and ephemera. This primary content is enhanced by video interviews with scholars and numerous topical critical documentary essays specially commissioned for the project.
Global Perspectives on Design and Culture
- This Database was designed to support classes taught in the areas of living environments, including landscape; interiors; furniture; textiles and household objects within a global outlook.
- Grove Music Online has been renamed Oxford Music Online
Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Consumer health and nutrition information. Includes periodical articles, health pamphlets and healthbooks.
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- This database povides nearly 600 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also features abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals. Updated on a daily basis.
History Reference Center
- Offers full text from more than 2,500 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for nearly 170 leading history periodicals, more than 112,000 historical documents, 113,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 112,000 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video.
Hoover's Company Records
- "Find up to date proprietary editorial content covering more than 40,000 public and non-public companies and 225,000 key executives. Hoover's, widely recognized as a leading provider of corporate data, delivers in depth industry analyses, information on a company's location, summary financials, top competitors, top officers, and more. "
Humanities Full Text
- "Includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals—of which 470 are peer-reviewed—dating as far back as 1984. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more."
Humanities International Complete
- A comprehensive database covering journals, books and other important reference sources in the humanities from around the world. includes all data from Humanities International Index (more than 2,100 journals and 2.47 million records) plus unique full text content from more than 890 journals.
- IEEE Xplore provides full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE Standards.
Index to Legal Periodicals & Books
- "An excellent resource for attorneys, educators, business people, law librarians, students, paralegals and others involved with the law, providing complete coverage of the most important English language legal information, with international coverage of scholarly articles, symposia, jurisdictional surveys, court decisions, legislation, books, book reviews and more."
International Financial Statistics
- The IFS database contains approx. 32,000 time series covering more than 200 countries and areas and includes all series appearing on the IFS country pages; exchange rate series for all Fund member countries, plus Aruba and the Netherland Antilles: major Fund account series; and most other world, area, and country series from the IFS world tables.
International Journal of Gender, Science and Technology
- An OPEN Source Journal
GST focuses on gender issues in and of science and technology, including engineering, construction and the built environment, and aims to explore the intersections of policy, practice and research.
International Journal of Project Management
- "This journal offers wide ranging and comprehensive coverage of all facets of project management. Published eight times per year, it provides a focus for worldwide expertise in the required techniques, practices and areas of research; presents a forum for its readers to share common experiences across the full range of industries and technologies in which project management is used; covers all areas of project management from systems to human aspects; links theory with practice by publishing case studies and covering the latest important issues."
International Medieval Bibliography
- This resource is in German. The World's leading interdisciplinary bibliography about the Middle Ages. This database covers Europe, the Middle East and North Africa during the period of 400-1500. Comprised of 300,000+ articles from over 4,500 journals.
IoP (Institute of Physics) Electronic Journals
- Over 30 journals published by the Institute of Physics. Includes full-text articles and is searchable and browsable. (Select Standard Service for access.)
JSTOR: Arts & Sciences Collections I, II, III, IV, VII & XII; Biological Sciences collection
- Archives of scholarly electronic journals in sociology, political science, economics, mathematics & statistics, history; law, asian studies, ecology, botony, evolutionary biology, plant and animal sciences, paleontology, and conservation.
NOTE: you may limit your results to show only the content you have access to through UW-Platteville's subscription. At the top of the results list, choose Content I can access from the drop down menu.
Journal of Chemical Education
- Electronic version of the monthly print edition. September 1996 vol. 73:9 to the present are available.
Journal of Clinical Oncology
- Official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, January 1983 to present.
Journal of Soil and Water Conservation
- Available online starting with v. 36, issue 1 (Jan/Feb 1981) -
Journal of Women & Minorities in Science & Engineering
- "Publishes original, peer-reviewed papers that report innovative ideas and programs for classroom teachers, scientific studies, and formulation of concepts related to the education, recruitment, and retention of under-represented groups in science and engineering."
NOTE: Full text access begins with Vol. 14, Issue 1 (2008). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY DOI: LINK, THEY WILL NOT WORK
Only the table of contents are accessible from older issues.
Knovel Scientific & Engineering Online Reference
- Online collection of scientific and engineering reference books. Keyword searchable or by titles. Best used with Internet Explorer.
- Lexi-PALS Guide has been replace with AHFS Consumer Medicationa Information
- Provides access to 6,000 news, business, legal and reference information. Some full text.
Congressional Serial Set Digital Collection: comprehensive. full text access to over 50,000 Congressional documents and reports published in over 2,600 volumes of the U.S. Congressional Serial Set from 1970-present.
- A free index to Gale's literature series searchable by author or title.
- Literature Criticism from 1400–1800
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online
Literature Criticism Online
- Literature Criticism Online includes scholarly and popular commentary from broadsheets, pamphlets, encyclopedias, books and periodicals that represent a range of modern and historical views on authors and their works across regions, eras and genres. Literature Criticism Online includes full text content from 10 series': Contemporary Literary Criticism * Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism * Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism * Shakespearean Criticism * Literature Criticism from 1400–1800 * Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism * Poetry Criticism * Short Story Criticism * Drama Criticism * Children's Literature Review.
- Offers abstracts and full text to more than 1,800 general interest periodicals.
MAS Ultra-School Edition
- Provides full text for 320+ general interest and current events magazines.
- Indexes and abstracts over 3,100 periodicals and 7,500+ books, conference proceedings and technical reports from two American Mathematical Society publications.
- "Operates a family of electronic information resources that meet the clinical content needs of physicians and other health care professionals."
- This resource is in German. Includes International Encyclopaedia for the Middle Ages and Europa Sacra. Covers Europe, North Africa and the Middle East during the period of 300-1500.
- Provides complete coverage to the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print
- Contains full text information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas. Also available in print REF LB3051 .T4
Middle Search Plus
- Provides indexing and abstracting to magazines commonly used in middle school libraries.
Military and Government Collection
- Offers current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government via periodicals, academic journals, and other content. Provides cover-to-cover full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for nearly 400 titles.
MLA Directory of Periodicals
- "Offers detailed information on over 7,100 journals, with 4,400 currently indexed in the International Bibliography. The detailed entries include editorial contact information, as well as frequency, circulation, subscription prices and submission guidelines."
MLA International Bibliography
- "A bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations. Produced by the Modern Language Association, the electronic version of the bibliography dates back to 1963 and contains over 1.7 million citations from more than 4,400 journals and series and 1,000 book publishers."
Music Index Online
- An index of 640 international periodicals concerned with every aspect of classical and popular music.
- Online version of the International Weekly Journal of science. Contains full text of archived content.
To see the full selection of Nature's other journal titles, go to the Pulications A-Z index.
- An online-only, multidisciplinary journal dedicated to publishing high-quality research in all areas of the biological, physical and chemical sciences. Papers published by the journal represent important advances of significance to specialists within each field.
Naxos Music Library
- Naxos Music Library is a comprehensive collection of classical music, it includes the catalogues of over 85,000 tracks, including Classical music, Jazz, World, Folk and Chinese music. While listening, you can read notes on the works being played as well as biographical information on composers or artist.
- NCJRS Abstracts (Criminal Justice) - Free Access
- Abstracts more than 150,000 criminal justice publications, including Federal, State, and local government reports. Some full text.
- netLibrary is now listed as eBook collection
New England Journal of Medicine
- "A weekly general medical journal that publishes new medical research findings, review articles, and editorial opinion on a wide variety of topics of importance to biomedical science and clinical practice. Material is published with an emphasis on internal medicine and specialty areas including allergy/immunology, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, kidney disease, oncology, pulmonary disease, rheumatology, HIV, and infectious diseases."
Newspaper Source Plus
- Includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles. In addition, the database features more than 601,300 television and radio news transcripts, videos & podcasts.
- Nineteenth-Century Collections Online archive 1-4
- A multi-year global digitization and publishing program focusing on primary source collections of the long nineteenth century. Archives included: British Politics and Society; European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection; Asia and the West: Diplomacy and Cultural Exchange; British Theatre, Music, and Literature: High and Popular Culture.
- Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1981) -
North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries, and Oral Histories
- "Immigrant Letters, Diaries and Oral Histories includes 71 authors and approximately 10,000 pages of information. Which provides a unique and personal view of what it meant to immigrate to America and Canada between 1800 and 1950. "
North American Women's Letters and Diaries: Colonial to 1950
- "Includes the immediate experiences of 632 women, as revealed in approximately 82,000 pages of diaries and letters. The collection also includes biographies and an extensive annotated bibliography of the sources in the database."
- "Brings the leading resources together in one integrated online service to help nurses efficiently find answers to pressing clinical questions. "
OECD Library Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF) since 1998 - currently (October 2010) 1 000 journal issues, 2 900 working papers, 2 500 multi-lingual summaries, 6 200 e-book titles, 14 000 tables and graphs, 21 000 chapters and articles, and 390 complete databases with more than 4 billion data points.
OmniFile Full Text Mega
With the full text of articles from over 2,500 publications, and indexing and abstracts from nearly 3,600 publications, this database provides invaluable support for research in all core undergraduate subjects and for cross-disciplinary work.
- Online Geographical Bibliography - Free Access
- The geographical bibliography of the American Geographical Society Collection located in the Golda Meir Library.
Oxford English Dictionary
- Electronic version of the print title, searchable by word or definition.
Oxford Music Online
- A gateway into music research and the access point for new and forthcoming Oxford music reference subscriptions and products which include, but are not limited to The Oxford Dictionary of Music; Grove Music Online database and The Oxford Companion to Music.
Please logout when you are done searching so that others may access this database.
- Poetry Criticism
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1991) -
- Provides indexing and abstracting to magazines for young readers.
Professional Development Collection
- For professional educators, provides a specialized collection of over 550 full text journals, indexing and abstracts are also provided for 800+ additional journal titles.
- 400+ journals covering the subject areas of the arts, culture, history, literature, philosophy and politics.
NOTE Only journals with this green arrow icon are available.
ProQuest Direct databases
- Includes the ABI-Inform, Hoover's Company Records and Genderwatch.
- Provides full text articles on current issues in psychology from respected sources, spanning from 1987 to the present. Includes more than 34,000 full-text articles from 43 journals published by American Psychological Association and allied organizations. All journals included in this database are indexed in PsycINFO.
- Abstracts from over 1300 psychologyjournals.
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
- "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film & television, gardening, health & medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news & current events, photography, popular & classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports & fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- Reaxys is a unique web-based chemistry workflow solution which supports research and fuels discovery by integrating searches for reaction and substance data with synthesis planning and chemical sourcing.
Regional Business News
- Full text newswire database incorporates business wires from all over the world.
Royal Society of Chemistry Archives
- Full text access to over 238,000 original articles published by the Royal Society of Chemistry (and its forerunner Societies) from 1841 to 1996.
SAGE Journals Online
- SAGE publishes over 470 journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine.
Full-Text is available for articles that have been published SINCE 1999.
Science Citation Index
- A citation index can be searched by author,topic or citation.
Science Online Magazine
- The world's leading journal of original scientific research, global news, and commentary.
Science Reference Center
- A comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content. This database contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
Scottish Women Poets of the Romantic Period
- Archive of 60 volumes from 47 poets. Web resources, criticism and biographical essays are to be added regularly.
- Shakespearean Criticism
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1984) -
- Short Story Criticism
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1988) -
Social Sciences Citation Index
- A citation index can be searched by author,topic or citation.
Social Sciences Full Text
- "Provides access to a wide assortment of the most important English-language journals published in the social sciences. This resource provides detailed indexing for over 625 periodicals dating back as far as 1983—nearly 400 of which are peer-reviewed. "
Springer E-Book Collection
- A collection of e-books published by Springer. Fully indexed and searchable to chapter level.
Users can access their content from any location and on almost any platform.
NOTE: Access is available only for those titles with the a green square.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- "An online encyclopedia covering a variety of philosophical topics. This resource is continuously updated by discipline experts with each entry reviewed by an editorial board prior to publication. Coverage: entries written from 1995 - present."
TeachingBooks.net Free for WI Residents
- A database of instructional materials for K–12 reading and library activities.
Tests in Print (Part of Mental Measurements Yearbook)
- "Tests in Print (TIP) serves as a comprehensive bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. Provides vital information to users including test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication date(s), and test author(s)."
Twentieth Century Advice Literature: North American Guides on Race, Gender, Sex, and the Family
- "The collection provides a window into American social history by bringing together the instructional, prescriptive, behavioral, and etiquette literature that defined standards of personal conduct for millions of Americans and reflected the prevailing social mores across the twentieth century."
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism
- Available through
Literature Criticism Online v. 1 (1978) -
- University of Wisconsin Digital Collection
"Since its foundation in early 2000, the UWDCC has worked collaboratively with UW System faculty, staff, and librarians to create and provide access to digital resources that support the teaching and research needs of the UW community, uniquely document the university and State of Wisconsin, and provide access to rare or fragile items of broad research value. The UWDCC has also partnered with cultural heritage institutions and public libraries throughout Wisconsin to create digital resources."
"Resources within the collections are free and publicly accessible online. They are loosely organized into collections that span a range of subjects including art, ecology, literature, history, music, natural resources, science, social sciences, the State of Wisconsin, and the University of Wisconsin. Digital resources include text-based materials such as books, journal series, and manuscript collections; photographic images; slides; maps; prints; posters; audio; and video."
- Web of Science Citation Databases
- Provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded,Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities CitationIndex. Together they index over 8,000 scholarly journals and can be searchedby author, topic or citation.
Westlaw Campus Research
- Provides access to a comprehensive collection of news and business information and law-related resources.
- Combined catalog of books and other materials in over 1000 Wisconsin libraries.
Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600-2000
- Contains 85+ document projects that interpret and present documents concerning women's involvement in social movements, most of which are not otherwise available online.
Women's Studies International
- Includes citations and abstracts drawn from a variety of women's studies databases.
- Books and materials in libraries worldwide.
Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- "Provides citations, abstracts, and indexing of the international serials literature in political science and its complementary fields, including international relations, law, and public administration/policy."