This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Counseling and Therapy in Video: Volume I
A classic collection of videos filmed between 1985 and 2010, providing faculty and students with a first-hand look at the realities of working with clients and the challenges associated with putting theoretical concepts into practice. This collection provides a through grounding in dozens of therapeutic methods and diagnoses.
Counseling and Therapy in Video: Volume II
Expands on the content of the first volume with a special emphasis on contemporary topics, featuring world-renowned therapists demonstrating their methods and techniques, state of the art as of 2005 or later. The collection also includes documentaries providing insight into the human condition and training in skills such as reflection and empathy.
- Education Full Text "Provides full text of articles from over 350 journals as far back as 1996, in addition to indexing of over 770 periodicals dating back to 1983. Content includes in-depth coverage of special education, with over 50 journals dedicated to this important topic, and more than 100,000 controlled and cross-referenced names of educational tests. Subject coverage includes adult education, continuing education, literacy standards, multicultural/ethnic education, teaching methods and much more."
- ERICIndexes and abstracts to journal articles and documents in education.ERIC Thesaurus
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in PrintContains fulltext information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas. Also available in print REF LB3051.T4
- PsycINFO Abstracts from over 1300 psychology journals.
- Social Sciences Full Text "Provides access to a wide assortment of the most important English-language journals published in the social sciences. This resource provides detailed indexing for over 625 periodicals dating back as far as 1983—nearly 400 of which are peer-reviewed. "
- General Electronic Databases
Print indexes are available on the main floor of the Karrmann Library. Ask at the Reference Desk for the exact location.
- Child Development Abstracts and Bibliography
- Psychological Abstracts
- Journal of Counseling and Development Provides Table of Contents and Abstracts from January/February 1996, volume 74, number 3 to present.
- ACAeNews The electronic news and practice bulletin of the American Counseling Association
- CTOnline The online news source for professional counselors.
Comprehensive Sites on Counselor Psychology
- Counseling Resources on the Internet An extensive listing of Web resources maintained by the Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling at California State University, Northridge.
- The Counseling Web This site has several links of interest to counselor education. Three of the links are -- Journals and Online Publications, Career Counseling Resources, and Other Counseling Resources.
- CounselorNet A Web site from SUNY Plattsburgh indexes other Web sites useful to counselors in schools, agencies, and colleges. It also has a list of Listservs for counselors.
- ERIC/CASS (Educational Resources Information Center Clearinghouse on Counseling and Student Services) The scope of this ERIC site includes school counseling, school social work, school psychology, mental health counseling, marriage and family counseling, career counseling, and student development. The full text collections of resources are on high priority educational topics like career development, cultural diversity, school-to-work transition, school violence, student achievement, substance abuse, bullying in schools, correctional bootcamps, conflict resolution, depression and suicide, and youth gangs.
Other Web Sites of Interest to Counselor Psychology
- American Counseling Association This is the home page of the American Counseling Association, the world's largest association representing professional counselors. There are links to Students in Counselor Education, Employment, and Resources and Books.
- American School Counselor AssociationThis site provides links to counseling - psychology - mental health resources, to career and college information, and education and government resources that are of interest to school counselors.
- Assessment and Evaluation on the Internet A comprehensive annotated list of resources. It covers the subject quite broadly.
- Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing (CRESST) Funded by the U.S. Dept. of Education and the Office of Educational Research and Improvement, the CRESST conducts research on important topics related to K-12 educational testing.
- ERIC/AE Test Locator This site allows you to search for a test by title, subject, author, or publisher. It also indexes reviews published in Buros' Mental Measurements Yearbook.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation The ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation seeks to provide balanced information concerning educational assessment and resources to encourage responsible test use.
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Counselor Education at UW-Platteville
- The Counselor Psychology Program is a component of the School of Education. The office is located in 426 Warner, and the program coordinator is Jim King. For a listing of courses or for more information on this program, please call Sheri Kratcha at 608.342.1252.
- Regina Pauly is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Counselor Psychology Program. Contact Regina at 608.342.1099 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in Counselor Psychology. Her E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pane clears float!