This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
- ABI-Inform Complete A collection of three unique databases to national and international business information: ABI/INFORM Global; ABI/INFORM Dataeline; and ABI/INFORM Trade and Industry.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Applied Science and Technology Full Text
"Contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from more than 220 periodicals dating back to 1997. Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more."
- Business Abstracts with Full Text "Contains the full text of articles from more than 510 key publications dating back to 1995, and provides access to product evaluations, interviews, biographical sketches, corporate profiles, obituaries, surveys, statistical rankings, book reviews and reports from associations, societies, trade shows, conferences and more. Additional content includes quality indexing and abstracts for more than 900 publications dating back to 1982, as well as over 600,000 corporate names with cross references to specific industries and countries. "
- Business Source Premier Indexes and abstracts more than 2,300 business periodicals and newspapers.
- General Electronic Databases
- NetLingo: The Internet Language Dictionary Online dictionary of internet and computer related terms.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center "EPIC is a public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values."
- The Internet Tourbus A free semi-weekly newsletter on the neatest and latest sites on the internet. Archives of past newsletters and subscription information are included.
- Virtual Computer Library A collection of links to information about computers and computing from UT-Austin
- Computers.com (From C|Net) Categorizes hardware by type, manufacturer, and price. Includes reviews.
- Yahoo! Site for Hardware reviews and information.
- C|Net Reviews browsers, design tools, Internet applications and finance and office suites. Can download demo versions of software.
- ZD Net products Contains software reviews from ZD publications: PC Magazine, PC Week, PC Computing, Family PC, Inter@ctive Week, MacWorld and more.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- IEEE Computer Society
- Computing Research Association
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Computer Science at UW-Platteville
- The Computer Science Office is located in 208 Ullrich Hall. For a listing of courses or for more information on this program, call 608.342.1627.
- John Berg is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Computer Science program. Contact Jojn at 608.342.1355 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in Computer Science. His E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pane clears float!