Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Arts Full Text
"A comprehensive resource for art information featuring full-text articles from more than 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, high-quality indexing and abstracting of over 600 periodicals dating as far back as 1984, including 280 peer-reviewed journals, as well as indexing and abstracting of over 13,000 art dissertations. Indexing of almost 200,000 art reproductions provides examples of styles and art movements, including works by emerging artists. The database covers fine, decorative and commercial art, folk art, photography, film, and architecture, and also includes a database-specific thesaurus."
Arts & Humanities Citation Index
A citation index can be searched by author, topic and citation.
Humanities Full Text
"Includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals—of which 470 are peer-reviewed—dating as far back as 1984. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more."
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
"Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film & television, gardening, health & medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news & current events, photography, popular & classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports & fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- General Electronic Databases
Comprehensive Sites on Art
- American Museum of Photography
- AskART.com A comprehensive centralized database about American artists.
- Artcyclopedia A guide to museum-quality art on the Internet, including short biographies.
- Art Images for College Teaching Extensive collection of public domain images available on the web.
- ArtsNet Arts Link Database A comprehensive list of visual art sites.
- Art History Resources on the Web Site is maintained by Chris Witcombe, Professor of Art History at Sweet Briar College, Virginia. Sites on Prehistoric Art, Museums, Galleries, etc.
- ARTLEX For artists, students and educators in art production, criticism, history, aesthetics, and education.
- Artist Index From WebMuseum.
- Glossary of Painting Styles From WebMuseum.
- Internet Art Resources
- National Gallery of Art Collection
- World Wide Arts Resources The World Wide Art Resources site serves as an information gateway to extensive arts resources available on the World Wide Web, including: fine arts, performing arts, art history, art education, and museum and gallery exhibitions.