This pane clears float!
Purpose and Duties
- Monitors the undergraduate curriculum of the university in order to maintain high standards of academic excellence and Senate-established academic priorities and policies.
- Evaluates and acts upon curricular changes proposed by the College Curriculum Committees.
- Sets procedural standards and makes recommendations to the College Curriculum Committees.
- Determines general course requirements for all students.
- Consults with the Academic Planning Council in preparing recommendations, to the Faculty Senate, concerning academic policies and priorities for faculty consideration.
- Chooses from among its faculty members a representative to serve on the Academic Planning Council.
- Consults with the Academic Information Technology Commission concerning curricular proposal when appropriate.
Composition of Commission
Eleven faculty, with staggered three-year non-consecutive terms, with the following distribution:
- Four elected by the College of Liberal Arts and Education faculty. One of the four shall be from the School of Education.
- Three elected by the College of Business, Industry, Life Science and Agriculture. One of the three shall be from the School of Agriculture.
- Three elected by the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science faculty. One of the three shall be from the department of Mathematics or Chemistry & Engineering Physics.
- One (non-voting) Karrmann Library representative.
- One student
- Provost (non-voting)
Composition and Current Membership
Eleven faculty, three-year non consecutive terms with the following distribution:
Four elected by College of Liberal Arts and Education (One of the four shall be from the School of Education)
|Amanda Tucker||LAE English/Humanities||2015|
|Dennis Ciesielski||LAE English/Humanities||2014|
|John Nkemnji||LAE Education||2014|
|Michael Sharkey||LAE Philosophy/Humanities||2013|
Three elected by College of Business, Industry, Life Science and Agriculture (One of the three shall be from the School of Agriculture)
|Arthur Ranney (chair)||BILSA Media Studies||2015|
|Charles Steiner||BILSA Agriculture||2014|
|Mary Rose Williams||BILSA Media Studies||2013|
Three elected by College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science (One of the three shall be from the department of Mathematics or Chemistry and Physics):
|David Boyles||EMS Mathematics||2015|
|Mark Meyers||EMS Civil and Environmental Engineering||2014|
|Philip Parker||EMS Civil and Environmental Engineering||2013|
One (non-voting) by the Karrmann Library representative:
- Jessica Donahoe
- Associate Vice Chancellor (non-voting): David Van Buren
Student Senate Members:
- Jessica Symons
- Sam Parker
This pane clears float!