Like others on campus, ITS staff have spent many hours since June 16 recovering from the aftermath of the tornado. Several of our staff are members of the fire and rescue squads which provided assistance on the night of the storm and throughout the following days. Some ITS staff worked overnight that Monday ensuring our data center stayed up. Others were on campus the following day assisting with access, and many pitched in once we were back to work that Wednesday. I am thankful to work with such a great group of colleagues.
Affected Equipment Status
Much of the recent ITS work included moving the faculty and staff from the affected areas and reviewing the status of the equipment. Most damaged equipment has been identified. While some equipment needs to be replaced, we were lucky that very little technology needs to be reordered. In August we will be busy relocating technology and staff back into the affected spaces.
Post-storm Summer Projects Update
- Most ITS summer projects are moving forward despite the storm; some of these include:
- Pearson VUE Testing Center
- Classroom renovations
- Moving to Windows printing
- Microsoft SCCM - software application & patch management
- Planning for E-mail/conversion to Office 365 in October
- BI Phase II
- Shibboleth Authentication
- Off-site backup/Disaster Recovery -backup site for key systems in our data center at Oshkosh
- Document imaging for Financial Aid
- HR/PASS improved integrations for account provisioning
- Bundle 34 for PASS – August
If you have questions regarding these updates, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great remainder of the summer!