Project Updates: Business Intelligence
This pane clears float!
Phase 1 of the Business Intelligence project (Oracle BI) is complete.
Business Intelligence is a reporting tool that provides a full range of business intelligence capabilities including reporting, trending, and predictive analysis. All of these allow for more data-informed decision-making, giving UW-Platteville a competitive edge and making the most of our resources.
Dashboards/reports that have been created:
- Recruiting & Admissions
- Student Administration
- Dean's List
- Dean's Report
- External Test Scores
- Graduation Degree Reports
- Instructors Information Report
- NF Admissions - under development
- Official Majors List
- Expanded ResLife
- Residence Life Directory
- Residence Life Financials
- Residence Life Housing Applicants
- Residence Life Occupancy
- Residence Life Student Info
Dashboards/reports in progress:
- Admissions-weekly view of admissions breakdown
- Student Records: Program Plan information
- Advisors (in test, validating)
- Official Majors (in test, validating)
Additions to the dashboards:
- Incoming Test Scores
- Program Review Extract for APC
- % plan change for retention (based off FTE)
- % Graduation Rate (4 yr,5 yr, 6yr, etc)
- Financial Aid
- Student Financials
- Administrative Dashboards (more overviews)
- Classroom Utilization
- Grader report (duplicating the current grade report that is run in Interactive Reporting for every student at the end of every term)
To date we have trained around 130 people who need to access data and run existing queries (Level 1). Additional Level 1 sessions are scheduled for September and October as are follow-up sessions for those who have already been trained. Check the OIT Training Calendar for details. Later this fall we will be offering Level 2 "author" training for those who would like to create their own dashboards. In addition, we have held six "brown bag" info sessions, and plan to do more in the upcoming months.
The Business Intelligence team is beginning to look at all the reporting areas existing in DataMart to ensure that the reporting elements exist in BI when Data Mart is "turned off.” The phase-out period is tentatively expected to last 6-12 months. More details will follow throughout the coming months.
For those unfamiliar with Business Intelligence, OIT business analysts have scheduled two "brown bag" information sessions to demonstrate what the tool can do and answer questions regarding its use. Join us in the Computer Conference Room inside the Bears Den on Tuesday, September 17 from noon to 1:00PM or Wednesday, October 16 from 11:00AM to noon. Details can be found in the OIT Training Calendar. Questions regarding Business Intelligence can be directed to the OIT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pane clears float!
Latest from Discover IT
Subscribe to Discover IT using our RSS feed.