Desire2Learn, v. 10.6 upgrade scheduled June 8-9
D2L will be unavailable as the upgrade to version 10.6 is applied during the 12-hour outage at the start of the summer term. The date and times are as follows:
- June 8, 10:00 pm US Central time to
- June 9, 10:00 am US Central time.
This upgrade is vital to the stability and support of D2L for the UW System and will provide UW-Platteville with the newest available version of D2L.
Some of the upgrade changes will include:
- Alphabetical sorting defaults to last name available in many areas with class lists.
- Support for more modern browsers, such as Microsoft Edge, and the end of support for older browsers such as Internet Explorer 9 and earlier.
- A series of bug fixes and changes which improve the overall stability of D2L during times of heavy use, such as during the start or end of a term.
We regret that this upgrade will happen during the first days of summer courses; however, we will work to ensure disruptions are as minimal as possible before and after the upgrade. We will continue to provide additional information as we receive it closer to the outage dates.
Latest from Discover IT
Subscribe to Discover IT using our RSS feed.