University Express Mail Services (UEMS)
UW-Platteville offers you the opportunity to receive or ship your documents through a safe, quick and dependable delivery service called eShipGlobal. Requesting your documents through express mail (Fedex) is at your expense, and your credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover cards only) will be charged upon requesting the service.
You must use the University Express Mail Services website – do not go through the FedEx website directly. All communication will go through the eShipGlobal service, who will notify us by e-mail that you are requesting your documents to be sent by express mail.
If you use this service, you will be required to create your own user account. To request a shipment, you will need:
- Your mailing address
- Your E-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your credit card information
To request express mailing of your documents from UW-Platteville:
1. Visit the eShipGlobal website and complete the registration form at https://study.eshipglobal.com/register/.
- You will need to be prepared with the email address you will use for the communication from this company, mailing address and phone number.
- After registering, within 30 minutes you will receive an email requesting that you activate your account. This is required for you to begin using the account.
2. Follow the instructions in the confirmation email you received from eShipGlobal to activate your account. Once the activation process is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
3. Prepare the shipping label by going to the Student Login page of the eShipGlobal website. Before beginning this step, you must have already activated your account.
- Select "Receive Documents” (toward the bottom of the page under "What would you like to do today?")
- Select “Wisconsin” from the map of the United States or from the drop-down list.
- Select “University of Wisconsin-Platteville”
- Select “International Programs.” This will ensure your shipping label is received by our office.
- Load Destination From: Select “Profile (default)”
- Note that a UW-Platteville Student ID Number is NOT required to submit your request. You may leave this field blank if you do not know your Student ID (EMPL ID) number.
- Students wishing to send their OPT application to USCIS should enter "USCIS Attn: AOS" in the Student Name/Contact Name field and the USCIS address in the address field: 1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S, Suite 100, Phonenix, AZ 85034.
- Enter your mailing address (U.S. or foreign), phone number and email address.
o Note: PO Box addresses are generally not preferred by express carriers. If entering a PO Box address, be sure you provide the complete physical address where the PO Box is located in order to avoid delays or misdeliveries.
o Note: If your documents will be sent to a U.S. contact address, please include the name of the person at that address.
- Enter your U.S. cell phone number (even if sending your OPT application to USCIS).
- At the end of the screen, you should select “continue.”
- Select the service you prefer (FedEx Priority Or FedEx Express Saver). Click “Continue.”
- Select your method of payment (i.e. credit card or wire transfer). Please pay close attention to the information submitted on these screens, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents.
- Pay close attention to the information submitted. Any errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents.
- Select "Confirm Payment."
4. The final email you receive from eShipGlobal will be confirmation of your order. This email will provide you with detailed information about your shipment (i.e. payment amount, tracking number, mailing address, etc.). The ISSS Office at UW-Platteville will receive a copy of this email at the same time as you, so there is no need to forward us the information.
5. University of Wisconsin-Platteville will automatically be notified by eShipGlobal that you have requested your documents via express mail (Fedex). You can track the shipment using the tracking number provided.
6. Receive your documents in 3-7 business days from the date of mailing.
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “FAQ” link in the website for answers to your most frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or see the “Contact Us” page on the eShipGlobal website. For all other inquiries related to your immigration, please email email@example.com.