Individual Sports Rules
- Ball must be served behind the rear line, anywhere, and may be hit in any manner with the hand.
- One serve is allowed per side out and it must land within the opponent’s court. If it touches the net and continues into the opponent’s court, it is a live ball.
- It is a violation to touch the net or to reach over the net, except on follow through of a spike. It is a violation to reach under the net and touch an opponent or step completely over the center line.
- Holding or throwing the ball is an illegal hit.
- A ball landing on a boundary line is in.
- A point may be scored by the serving team or receiving team. (Rally Scoring)
- If a ball touches a player or a player touches the ball, he is considered as having played the ball. If the ball hits a player twice, or two or more blockers after being spiked, it is considered as having been played just once.
- The ball may be played only three times by one team in volleyball and a player may not play it twice in succession but may play it twice if it is played by a teammate in between.
- Players of the serving team must rotate clockwise when receiving the ball to serve, and the right back must serve.
- When two opponents hit the ball simultaneously out-of-bounds, a replay is called.
- No spiking or blocking the ball on the serve.
- First two games to 25 points (28 cap), third game to 15 points (18 cap).
- Each team must start with a minimum of three players - must be both sexes if Coed. When six play coed - three men and three women.
- NOTE: The penalty for most violations is the loss of the ball for the side serving or loss of the point if receiving side violates.
- Play the best two out of three games; if a team wins the first two, the match is over.
- Rosters are due prior to the first contest (max. of 10).