ICET QuickGuide: View User Progress in Desire2Learn
Version: 10.1 AND Higher
The View User Progress tool provides information to instructors about each student's progress with course materials that have been placed in Desire2Learn. View the View User Progress in Desire2Learn document for detailed descriptions of what is retrievable.
Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the More dropdown menu.
- Choose Edit Course.
- Select View User Progress Note: Tools are listed in alphabetical order under Edit Course.
View User Progress
Note: In the Class Progress view, a simple dashboard shows four measurements for each student.
- Click Settings to view each of the four measurements that appear on the dashboard. Click the dropdown menu next to the name to change the location of the measurement in the dashboard or select a replacement measurement with one of five other measurements available. Note: Each summary has a brief explanation. The explanations also appear in the View User Progress in Desire2Learn document.
- To view all nine measurements for a student, either use the Search users box in the upper right corner to type in the name of a student or scroll through the list and select the student by clicking on student's name. Note: Clicking on the picture of the student will display the student's profile.
View User Progress Window
Note: By default, in User Progress view, all nine summaries are shown for the student.
- Click Settings to modify which summaries will be displayed. Note: Changes made under Settings applies to any student information displayed. Enter the percentage to mark students as On Track, Some Concerns and At Risk. Use the dropdown menu located by each color indicator to pick highlight colors for each category.
User Progress Settings Window
- Note: There are 10 reports to choose from on the left side of the screen. These reports show the log of when and what the student did in the course. There are three time settings to choose from on the upper right portion of the screen. Additional detail information can be seen by clicking the show/hide icon on each gray bar.