ICET QuickGuide: Uploading to Kaltura
Kaltura is a video platform that offers software and services for video publishing. In the context of Desire2Learn, Kaltura is a repository for video and audio files that are then accessible within a course.
- Access to a Desire2Learn Course
- An audio or video file saved and ready to be uploaded
- VIDEO FILES MUST BE MP4 videos. An excellent free resource to convert files to another format is found at http://www.zamzar.com
- The Kaltura Widget is present when you enter the course.
Note: It is helpful if the file name of the video contains your name.
Steps to Follow:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select the course to upload the file to.
- On the ride pane of the course locate the widget called Kaltura. Click Contribute Media.
- If the window that opens is empty, then follow these directions to adjust the settings of your browser to allow this window to work. Click the Contribute Media button again.
Kaltura Contribution Wizard - Upload Videos
- This should be the default as shown. If not, select the Video tab. Select the Upload tab.
- Click the Browse button to locate the video file on your computer to upload. It is very helpful if the file name of the video includes your name.
- This will in turn activate the Upload! button in the lower right corner. Click the Upload! button. Status of video should say Done.
- Click Next.
Kaltura Contribution Wizard - Upload
- Use the drop-down for Category and select 60_Platteville.
- Click Next.
Note: This only uploads the video to Kaltura. The video has NOT yet been placed into Desire2Learn. The longer the video is, the longer it takes for the file to be visible in Kaltura. For example, if your video is 5 minutes in length, wait at least that long before you proceed. See the ICET QuickGuide: Uploading File from Kaltura to Discussion Topic