ICET QuickGuide: Uploading File from Kaltura to a Discussion Topic
Discussion topics can accommodate many types of files. Most common are text files. Audio and video files can also be added as a discussion post too. These files should first be uploaded to Kaltura. Click here for directions to upload a media file to Kaltura.
- Desire2Learn NetId/Password
- A file already uploaded to Kaltura
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select the course that has the discussion required to use.
- Select More/Discussions.
- Click on the Topic of the discussion where to post the video.
- Type in an appropriate Subject description.
New message details
- Under Message, make sure the Basic tab is selected.
- Point to the last icon on the toolbar. It should show the text Insert Stuff.
- On the left side of the window, select Kaltura.
- In the search box, type in the name of the video and click Search
- Select the video file to upload.
- Add text in the Compose box if required or necessary.
- Click Insert.
- After the window closes, click Post.