ICET QuickGuide: Posting a Video to a Discussion Topic
VERSION 10.0 OR HIGHER
The most common response to a Desire2Learn Discussion Topic is a text-based message. However, another type of response is to use a webcam to record a response and post it. This quickguide provides instructions for posting a video to a discussion topic
Note: Chrome and Firefox have security features that give warnings about mixed media. See this article for more details.
- Desire2Learn NetId/Password
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn
- Select the course that has the discussion forum where the video will be posted.
- Select More/Discussion.
Note: There may be a Quicklink in the Content section of the course that links to the discussion.
- Click on the Topic of the discussion where the video will be posted.
- Click on the Compose button.
- Type in an appropriate Subject description.
- Locate the Insert Stuff icon on the toolbar.
- If the Adobe Flash message appears, click Allow. Wait for the webcam to become active.
- Follow the directions listed.
- Click Next to continue.
- The video will be titled. Add a description as needed. Click Next.
- Click Insert. Firefox or Chrome will not present a preview. IE will provide a preview.
- Click Post.