ICET QuickGuide: Modifying and Deleting Content
This pane clears float!
VERSION 10.1 OR HIGHER
After content is created in Desire2Learn, modules and topics can easily be modified or deleted, if necessary. This QuickGuide provides steps for revising content. Additionally, the order of modules can be adjusted and student progress toward completing the modules can be tracked.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course.
- Content (topics and modules) already created.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the Content tab in the Navigation menu.
Note: The content window is divided into two sections. The larger right-side section is the content window where editting occurs. The table of contents can be found in the left-side column.
- To edit the module name, click the pencil icon next to the current module name in the right-side content window and type a new name.
Modify module name
- To change the placement of the module in the left-side table of contents, click on the dropdown arrow next to the module name and select Move up or Move down.
- To change the module to a submodule of another module, click on the dropdown arrow next to the module name and select Move To.
- To delete the module, click on the dropdown arrow next to the module name and select Delete Module.
Revise module location
- Completion tracking allows instructors (and students themselves) to monitor progress through the course material. To set the completion tracking method for module content, click Set all completion methods.
- Choose automatic completion, manual completion or no completion tracking.
Set all completion methods
- To edit the topic name, click on the dropdown arrow next to the topic name and select Edit Properties.
- Click on the pencil icon that now appears next to the topic name and type a new topic title.
- To change the position of the topic in the module, select Move Up or Move Down.
- To delete the topic, select Delete Topic.
- To change topic properties, select Edit Properties.
Topic - Change Location
- Module and topic descriptions can be added or changed by clicking the pencil icon in the Add a description text area.
- The availability of the module or topic can be changed to Draft or Published.
- Click on the pencil icon next to Add Restrictions to set a start date, end date or due date for the topic or module.
- Release conditions can be created or existing conditions can be searched and added to the topic or module.
- Click Update to set the new restrictions and conditions.
Module and topic properties
Note: For more details on content restrictions and conditions, see ICET Quickguide: Content Restrictions and Conditions.
If you need further assistance, contact email@example.com or phone 608.342.1792
This pane clears float!