ICET QuickGuide: The HTML Editor in Desire2Learn
This pane clears float!
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
The HTML editor in Desire2Learn is available when creating files or editing descriptions. The tools allow the user to create, edit and format text and images in a What-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) environment that are automatically displayed in the various Desire2Learn contexts. Additionally, the editor creates the HTML source code allowing a writer to toggle back and forth between both editing tools. Additional information on Using the HTML Editor can be found at HTML Editor in the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following this link will direct you away from the UW-Platteville ICET Website
- Access to a Desire2Learn Course
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Navigate to any area that requires some type of text input.
- Click on any applicable text field and the HTML editor will apear.
- Select Edit HTML from the dropdown menu beside a text field and the HTML editor will appear.
Note: Some tools activate the HTML Editor automatically.
- Click inside the main area of the HTML Editor and begin adding or editing content.
Note: the HTML Editor supports autol-linking of external web addresses (URLs). When a URL is entered, it will automatically be converted to a link. If an external site does not allow autolink creation, Insert Quicklink should be used to insert the URL. For more information on Quicklinks, see ICET Quickguide: Add Activities in Content.
- After the content has been created in the HTML Editor frame skip to the next step. The content created in the HTML editor will automatically be saved when the page in which the content is being added is saved.
Desire2Learn HTML Editor
- Click the button to see more options in the HTML Editor. Additional HTML editing tools will be displayed.
Desire2Learn HTML Editor - More
Note: There are three ways in which to view content in the HTML Editor: the Design view, the Source Editor view or the preview. The HTML editor automatically opens in the design view. To access the source editor view, click the HTML Source editor icon . To access the preview, click the Preview icon .
It is also possible to insert equations using the HTML Equation Editor . The Equation Editor supports the MathML and LaTeX formats in addition to a graphical editor where equations can be created by choosing from formula templates.
- In the HTML Editor, click Equation Editor icon .
Note: If the equation editor menu does not appear, check that pop-ups are not being blocked.
- Provide a title for the equation. (This is used by screen readers.)
- Choose one of the following math input formats: Graphical Equation, MathML or LaTeX.
- Create equation.
- Click Insert.
- Click Publish to view the equation.
Note: Before being published, the equation will display in MathML or LaTex code or in the case of the graphic equation editor as a icon.
Insert Equation - Graphical Equation Editor prior to publish
If you need further assistance, contact email@example.com or phone 608.342.1792
This pane clears float!