ICET QuickGuide: Bookmarks (Students and Faculty)
Version 10.1 or Higher
The bookmark feature is a tool that creates a little more personalization of content within a course. The bookmarks area allows users to create a customized area where they can keep links to the content items they access most. For example, a student or instructor may bookmark the course calendar to save them having to locate the calendar every time they need to view something. Just go to Bookmarks on the Content page and look for the bookmarked content items.
Bookmarks create an individualized list that can only be viewed by the person creating it. There are no sharing capabilities.
- Access to a Desire2Learn course
- NetID and password
Steps to follow to add and DELETe bookmarks:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select the course desired to add or view bookmarks.
- Click on the Content tab on the Navigation bar.
- Navigate to the content to bookmark.
- Click on the title of the document or content item.
- The document will open. To add a bookmark to the item, click the icon and will display at the bottom of the page.
Content, Adding Bookmark
There are two ways to remove an item from the bookmark list:
- Locate the item and click the dropdown arrow next to the title, click Remove Bookmark.
Remove Bookmark dropdown arrow
Alternately, you can remove the bookmark directly from an open content item.
- When the item is selected and open, click the icon and the bookmark will be removed.
- will display at the bottom of the page.
Content, Deleting Bookmark
- Bookmarks display as a widget on the homepage of each course and can be directly accessed here.
Course Homepage, Bookmarks widget
- Additionally, locate bookmarks by clicking on the Content tab on the top Navigation bar.
- Click the Bookmarks tab above the Table of Contents listing on the left side of the screen.
- The bookmark list will appear in the center of the page.
- Click on the title of the document to access.
Note: The submodule that the document is located in displays in italics below the title.
Content page, Bookmark list