ICET QuickGuide: Add Activities in Content in Desire2Learn
Version: 10.1 and Higher
Add Activites are also called quicklinks in Desire2Learn. They are HTML hyperlinks to other resources. A Quicklink can be used to provide easy access of other areas of Desire2Learn or they can be used to connect to resources on the Internet. Activities that can be added include:
- Course File
- External Learning Tools
- Online Rooms
Use Quicklinks in Desire2Learn to learn specific information on how each activity can be added to Content. Additional information on adding activities to Content can be found at Adding an existing course object (activity) to Content in the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following this link will direct you away from the UW-Platteville ICET Website.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course.
Steps to Follow:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the Content Tab.
- Locate the module where the Quicklink will be added.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to Add Activities.
Add Activities List in Content Module
- Choose Quicklink
- Click the dropdown arrow under What do you want to insert?
Insert a Quicklink Window
- Make a selection. In this example, URL is selected to link to an external resource.
Insert a URL Quicklink
- Type or copy the URL to the URL box.
- Click Insert.