CSS to Hide Title
The mission of the International Business Resource Center (IBRC) is to help students, faculty, and the business community develop and strengthen their international understanding and economic competitiveness.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, International Business Resource Center is established as a major resource for international business education, community development, and research in the Southwestern Wisconsin area. The university is committed to developing a world-class program in international business. As the world economy becomes increasingly integrated, the university must ensure that its students receive the best possible preparation for success in a global business environment. Accordingly, the university is giving high priority to the development of its international curriculum, research, and outreach programs. As one of the leading business administration programs in the tri-state area, UW-Platteville is positioned to play a vital role in developing the global competitiveness of Southwestern Wisconsin area and enhancing the level of international business activity in the region. Funding for this program comes, in part, from a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education's Business and International Education Program. The International Business Resource Center offers workshops and professional seminars on topics critical to international business.
- Enhance faculty development in international business
- Provide access to information, materials, analysis, and research to help small and medium sized businesses develop successful foreign market strategies
- Provide international marketing advisory services and assistance to regional companies to seek and interpret expansion in overseas markets for their products and services
- Help link businesses and their requirements to people who can provide assistance, including experts inside and outside UW-Platteville
- Provide study abroad opportunities for students interested in international business
- Provide seminars/workshops that enhance the university and business communities knowledge of international business practices