About the Job Board
Policy on Posting to the Online Job Board
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is unable to research the integrity of the employers, which may include organizations and individuals, who post their job listings on our Job Board. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville makes no representations, recommendations or guarantees regarding the accuracy or reliablity or otherwise of any employer posted job listing or employment data transmitted through the Job Board. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville urges you, the student, to excercise caution and common sense when utilizing the Job Board and when applying for any position posted on the job listings. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville shall not be responsible to anyone who posts or accesses information or otherwise uses the Job Board for any direct or indirect harm, damage or loss incurred in connection with such use, regardless of the nature of the alleged harm, damage or loss or corresponding demand, claim or cause of action. Without limiting the foregoing, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville expressly disclaims any responsibility or obligation to assess or determine the suitability of any individual seeking employment, any potential employer, or any potential employement situation. By using the Job Board service, as a student or prospective employer - you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the University and its employees and agents with respect to any claims made against the University of Wisconsin-Platteville in connection with your use of the service.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville and we reserve the right to edit, remove or refuse your job announcement for any reason.
Process for Posting Request
Anyone who is interested in posting a job listing shall submit the posting announcement which shall include, at minimum, the employer's contact information, basic job description, pay rate and effective date of hire (if applicable) through the online Job Board website. Each submission shall be reviewed by the Student Employment Coordinator or other member of the Human Resources Office. The Student Employment Coordinator (or his/her designee) may reject any listing at his or her sole discretion based upon the best interests of the University and its student population. Upon a full review of the requested job posting, if the Student Employment Coordinator deems the posting an appropriate and valid use of the Online Job Board, the posting will be placed on the online Job Board for a period of 45 days. If a job is filled, the employer shall notify the Student Employment Coordinator so that the posting may be removed.
Rules of Use
The following rules shall apply to the Use of the Online Job Board:
- Employers and posting(s) shall comply with this policy, University rules and regulations, state and federal laws.
- A posting that involves in whole or in part an illegal or unethical solicitation (or are reasonably deemed to be inappropriate in nature) of work, services or tasks is prohibited.
- Misuse of this Job Board will not be tolerated.
- Any complaints received regarding a posting may result in the immediate removal of the posting until further notice.
- Any complaint or concern raised by an individual regarding a posting, work request or employer may lead to the removal of said posting(s) and the prohibition of any other postings from such employer.
- UW-Platteville retains and reserves it discretionary and sole right to accept, remove or decline any posting.
For further information in regard to the use of the Online Job board, please contact the Student Employment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org at UW-Platteville.