How to Sign Up for 10,000 Steps
UW-Platteville Student Health Services in partnership with UW-Platteville Outdoor Recreation and Bridgeway Commons encourages all students, staff, and faculty to join us on a Wisconsin walking challenge. This four-week program begins Monday, March 24.
Create and name a team with five walkers, designate a captain,
and register your team online at: www.uwplatt.edu/studenthealth.
- Teams will purchase their own pedometers. Student Heath Services will sell some low-cost pedometers for $2 until they are gone
- Team captains will pay registration fee—$40/team
- Contest begins Monday, March 24
- Log in approximately 10,000 steps per day (2,000 steps = 1 mile)
- Captains will need to record online the total number of steps walked per team per week by Tuesday each week in order to be eligible for weekly prizes
- Visit the 10,000 steps "Latest News" blog daily for tips, inspiration, instructions and to check on geocaching and letterboxing opportunities
- We will have a party on Thursday, April 24 to celebrate our good health.
How to Pay Registration Fee
Registration fee is $40 per team. You can drop off a payment at Student Health Services anytime, or send a check through campus mail. Student Health Services will be standing by to help you with your payment during the following times:
- Monday, 3/10 – Noon until 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, 3/11 – Noon until 1 p.m.
- Thursday, 3/13 – 1 until 4 p.m.
- Monday, 3/17 – Noon until 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, 3/18 – Noon until 1 p.m.
- Thursday, 3/20 – 1 until 4 p.m.