Family Planning Waiver
Apply online at Access.
The purpose of this program is to provide contraceptive (birth control) services to eligible women, and related reproductive health care that is part of regular birth control services. Wisconsin women seeking contraception are now able to get confidential family planning health care services and supplies through the Family Planning Waiver (FPW). The goal of the FPW is to help women reduce unintended pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and obtain family planning health care services.
Thanks to the Wisconsin Medicaid Family Planning Waiver Program, you might qualify to receive these services at no cost to you.
What services are included?
Birth control methods, supplies and family planning health care services which include:
- Routine reproductive health exams including pap tests
- Birth control pills, patch, ring, or injection
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- STD testing and treatment
- Emergency contraception
- Education and information
Who can get these services?
Use the checklist below to see if you might qualify.
- I am 15-44 years old.
- I am a U.S. citizen, or have proof of immigration status living in Wisconsin.
- I do NOT receive any other Forward Health, BadgerCare Plus standard or benchmark programs.
- I meet the FPW income requirements.
Who can I see?
Any Medicaid-certified provider can offer the FPW services. If you are a current UW-Platteville student, you may also receive services from: University of Wisconsin-Platteville Student Health Services, 1 University Plaza, Platteville, WI 53818. Phone 608.342.1891.
Student Health Services (SHS)
1 University Plaza
216 Royce Hall
Platteville WI 53818
Please be advised that e-mail is not considered a secure form of communication; therefore confidentiality cannot be guaranteed if you forward information of an urgent nature. SHS staff only monitor and respond to e-mail during regular office hours.
M, T, Th, F: 7:45 a.m.–4:15 p.m.
Wed: 9 a.m.–4:15 p.m.