Student Health Services
This pane clears float!
The Student Health Services at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville provides a broad range of health care services to the campus community. These include acute care for illness, health and wellness promotion, and opportunities to actively participate in your own health care. With you as a partner in health care, we will help you take responsibility for preventing problems rather than having to get them "treated." Through awareness and education we will help you learn ways to live with optimal energy and respect for your health. All medical records and patient visits are completely confidential. No one can have access to your medical records without your written permission. We make every attempt to be your health care advocate, treating you promptly in a caring, nonjudgemental, respectful manner, and we hope you will provide us with useful feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.342.1891 about services and policies so we may improve on meeting your needs.
You are important to us. Your medical records are protected under state statutes. Health information, appointment information and medical records will not be released without your consent.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Student Health Services endeavors to provide high-quality care in a manner that is culturally respectful, fiscally responsible, and developmentally appropriate to student needs. Our mission is “to enhance learning and student success, with a focus on retention, by promoting, protecting, and restoring health and well-being.”
Statement of Goals
- To provide high quality primary health care service that is accessible, personalized, and fiscally responsible.
- To emphasize health education, prevention, and early intervention to maintain a safe, inclusive, and healthy learning environment.
- To promote healthy behaviors and lifestyle choices so students can be personally and academically successful.
- To provide an environment that teaches the student to become an informed participant in his/her own healthcare.
- To provide culturally competent services with an awareness of global issues that have an impact on our students, campus, and community.
- To support and maintain a healthy campus environment.
Respect for Diversity
SHS values all cultures, backgrounds, genders, and orientations represented in the UW-Platteville community and strives to be a safe and inclusive environment that meets the needs of our diverse student population. We aim to provide high quality medical, mental health, and prevention services in a multiculturally competent manner that recognizes individual and group differences. We hope that you will let us know how we can improve our services to better meet your needs.
“Wellness must be a prerequisite to all else. Students cannot be intellectually
proficient if they are physically and psychologically unwell.”
- Ernest Boyer, then President of the Carnegie
Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
Cover those Germs Wash those Germs Student Health 101
This pane clears float!
Student Health Services (SHS)
1 University Plaza
216 Royce Hall
Platteville WI 53818
Please be advised that e-mail is not considered a secure form of communication; therefore confidentiality cannot be guaranteed if you forward information of an urgent nature. SHS staff only monitor and respond to e-mail during regular office hours.
M, T, Th, F: 7:45 a.m.–4:15 p.m.
Wed: 10 a.m.–4:15 p.m.
Immediate Emergencies: 911