Committees At UW-Platteville
This pane clears float!
Academic Staff Committees
- Academic Staff Senate
- Committee for Elections and Appointments
- Personnel Commission
- Professional Development Committee
- Presidents' Council
- Residence Hall Association (RHA)
- Student Senate
- Segregated University Fee Allocation Commission (SUFAC)
- United Greek Council (UGC)
Classified Staff Committees
- Academic Information Technology Commission
- Academic Planning Council
- Academic Standards Committee
- Admissions and Academic Appeals Committee
- Appeals Commission
- Appointments and Elections Committee
- Bylaws Committee
- Complaints and Grievances Commission
- Faculty Senate
- Improvement of Learning Committee
- Research and Ethics Committee
- Student Discipline Appeal Tribunal
- Student Discipline Committee
- University Academic Budget Commission
- University International Education Committee
- University Rank, Salary and Tenure Policy Commission
- University Undergraduate Curriculum Commission
- Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Committee
- Alcohol and Drug Advisory Committee
- Animal Care and Use Committee
- Assessment Oversight Committee
- Campus Planning Commission
- Commencement Committee
- Environmental Sustainability Committee
- Faculty Professional Development Committee
- Institutional Review Board For Human Subject Research
- Intercollegiate Athletics Committee
- Legislative and Regent Relations Committee
- Library Committee
- Inclusive Excellence Committee
- Registration Committee
- Safety Committee
- Sexual Assault Awareness Council
- Student Health Care Committee
- United Way Committee
- University-Community Business Competition Review Committee
- Women's Council
This pane clears float!
Shared Governance affects all—including the administration, faculty, staff, and students. Issues ranging from compensation and classification, to input on leadership searches, to benefit changes are discussed and debated within the shared governance system.
- Talk with your department chair or a member of the committee, council, or senate about ways you might serve and to discuss your interest and service opportunities.
- Run for seat or volunteer and be a voice; vacancy announcements, nomination periods, and elections usually occur in February, March, and April.
- Check meeting times and attend a meeting to watch shared governance in action.
- Submit an idea or proposal for consideration.
The terms are two-years terms, with a maximum of serving two consecutive two-year terms.