Saturday, February 2, 2013
Saturday, March 2, 2013
- High school students (incoming freshmen) who plan to participate in musical groups (such as choir, band, orchestra, or Musical Theatre) or who plan to major in music.
- Students who will be transferring to UW-P from another college or university who participate in musical groups or major in music.
- Schedule an audition in Platteville by contacting Dr. Susan Savage Day, Chair of Scholarship Committee, email@example.com 608-342-1085. Students unable to appear for an audition and residing more that 100 miles from Platteville may submit an unedited, high-quality CD or cassette recording. Send to the address at the bottom of the application form. The application form is available as a downloadable Word document or as a PDF document. Note that the PDF document can be completed on-line and printed, but cannot be saved unless you have Acrobat writer.
- Complete and return the “Application for Music Scholarship” form two weeks before your audition date. Send to the address at the bottom of the application form.
- Have two letters of recommendation sent to UW-P: they should be mailed or emailed directly by the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audition or submit your recording. Two pieces of contrasting styles whenever possible.
- Instrumentalists: Two contrasting movements, either from the same work or from different works.
- Vocalists: Two contrasting solos, one in a foreign language and one in English. Memorization is expected.
- Accompanists: If you cannot bring your own, we will provide you with one for a nominal fee. See application for more details.
- Performing ability
- High school and/or college academic record
- Two letters or recommendation
You will be notified of your scholarship status no later than May 15, 2013.