UW-Platteville’s Music Program serves the student body and the region as a cultural resource by providing general courses for all students, and specialized courses leading to those occupations requiring musical expertise. Recognizing that cultural-aesthetic enrichment is a vital part of university life, our goal is to provide high quality instructional experiences through performances by faculty and guest artists and student performing organizations.
The objectives of the Music Program are to provide students the opportunity to
- develop their talent and ability as musicians,
- become teachers of music,
- combine a music major with business or related arts courses,
- develop a thorough understanding of the elements of music and its historic considerations, and
- participate in performing organizations.
For further information contact the Chair of the Performing & Visual Arts Department, G. Daniel Fairchild at email firstname.lastname@example.org