Scholarships LAE Fine Arts
CSS to Hide Title
The following Fine Arts Scholarships are available to students with a major or minor in Fine Arts or a related field. A student must have completed 1 semester on campus, be a full-time student and pursuing a degree on campus. To apply for the scholarships below, complete the Continuing Student on-line application, which is due March 1st.
- Major in art 2.75+ GPA.
Bea Brecker Memorial (MUSIC)
- Junior, Music major, performance contribution, academic achievement.
Bea Brecker Memorial (THEATRE)
- Junior, performance contribution, participation in departmental activities, academic achievement.
Betty (Gray) Campbell Memorial
- One must be majoring in one of the following areas: English/Language arts, speech, history, drama, or French. Must be enrolled in his/her sophomore, junior, or senior year with at least a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Bernard G. "Bunny" Dillion
- Continuing students participating in two or more music performing organizations.
Carmen and Eva Beining Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a degree in fine arts. Preference will be given to students interested in painting.
Connie C. Stephens Memorial
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior and majoring in English or Music Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher. Must be active in extracurricular activities.
G. Olin Gunderson Scholarship
- Continuing student with an emphasis in Art Education, Comprehensive Art Emphasis, or Graphics Design Emphasis.
Gerald and Sarah Darrow & Joan Orvis Scholarship
- A music student who is either a rising junior or senior. A music student who is an outstanding performer in either musical or voice.
Jackie R. Kuhn Memorial Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a degree in Choral Music Education, Junior or Senior standing and GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Katie Binning Memorial
- Recipient must be Pursuing a degree in English or Art with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater. Student must be active in extra-curricular activities and describe community and school involvement. Preference given to applicants who are from the following surrounding counties of Abbotsford, WI which include: Clark, Marathon and Taylor Counties.
Lois Kaiser-Genthe and William Schilling Scholarship
- Must be pursuing an Art Education or Art degree. Must demonstrate financial need.
Lyle & Ruth Olson Memorial Scholarship
- Any major within the Fine Arts Department.
Paul & Jan Hemmer Music Scholarship
- Major in music, from Dubuque county, IA, maintain a 3.0 grade point average and demonstrate financial need. Preference is given to a student involved in extra curricular activities. Student may be a new freshman or a continuing student.
- Music major, performance contribution, scholastic achievement.
Raymond G. Duewer Family Music
- Recipient must continue membership in and have been (4 semesters min.) a member of University Singers, the Chamber Choir or UWP mixed choir, 3.0+ GPA, 60+ Credits, leadership qualities, good character.
- Must be a talented music student wishing to pursue a career in music, a student with financial need, must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Scenes of UWP Scholarship
- Student who is an Art major.
Thomas C. Hendrickson Memorial Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a degree in Art or Art Education.
Thomas Hickey Musical Theater Performance
- Awarded to a full-time student for an excellence student on stage performance in a regular academic year (Sept - May) UW-Platteville musical theatre production. Should demonstrate superior preparation, imagination and delivery of the stage role.
William J. Dennis Music
- For students majoring in Music; performance contribution scholastic achievement and academic status are considered.