Scholarships EMS Chem EP
CSS to Hide Title
Chemistry and Engineering Physics
The following Chemistry and Engineering Physics Scholarships are available to students with majors or minors in Chemistry/Engineering Physics or a related field. A student must have completed 1 semester on campus, be a full-time student and pursuing a degree on campus. To apply for the scholarships below, complete the Continuing Student on-line application, which is due March 1st.
Alice Keegan Memorial Scholarship for Riverdale High School
- Recipient must have graduated from Riverdale High School, WI. First preference to Chemistry majors and second preference to Biology majors. Must a have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Chemistry Emeriti Faculty Scholarship
- Chemistry major or minor. Must be in "good standing".
David Hitchins Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award
- Must be pursuing a research project in Chemistry, have a cumulative GPA of 2.6-3.3 and demonstrate financial need.
Dr. Bill Gengler Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Majoring in Animal Science and fulfilling pre-professional requirements, earned 30 credits or more, including Chemistry 1140 and Chemistry 1240.
Dwight Klaasen Biochemistry Scholarship
- Must be a chemistry major with an emphasis in biochemistry.
Engineering Physics Scholarship
- Must be an Engineering Physics major with an outstanding academic recod.
Fred Domann SPS Scholarship
- Student must be an active member of Society of Physics Students and have completed 6 semester hours of physics.
Gerald F. Richards
- Chemistry major. Must have junior status.
- Chemistry major or minor with preference to those preparing to teach.
Glen V. Gundy
- Chemistry major or minor, Chemistry related major; completion of at least five semesters.
Robert C. Hansen
- The recipient shall be enrolled in his/her junior or senior year as a chemistry major. Applicants should be chemistry majors who do not qualify for financial aid within the University of Wisconsin – Platteville's traditional policies. The recipient will be a C to B student in overall studies.