NF Scholarships LAE
CSS to Hide Title
COLLEGE OF Liberal arts and education
The following NFS from the College of Liberal Arts and Education are for incoming freshman. The application deadline is February 1.
College of Liberal Arts and Educatio
- Any liberal studies major in the College of Liberal Arts and Education; leadership potential; high academic achievement and financial need.
Dr. Robert I. and Myrt Velzy Music Scholarship
- Majoring in Music with an emphasis in piano or organ.
Dr. Robert I. and Myrt Velzy Psychology Scholarship
- Majoring in Psychology with an emphasis in clinical psychology or experimental and research psychology.
Edith Parkins Scholarship
- New freshman, graduate of River Ridge, WI High School and pursuing a degree in Elementary Education; K-8.
Ernie Krogman and Pat Schroeder Memorial Scholarship
- Incoming freshman majoring in Education. Preference given to Lancaster High School graduates, with consideration from Southwestern High School and Cadott High School.
Francis '31 and Estelle (Shere) '33 Piquette Scholarship
- Must declare education as a major. Preference give to Platteville High School students and students with financial need.
G. Olin Gunderson Scholarship
- New freshman or continuing student with an emphasis in Art Education, Comprehensive Art Emphasis, or Graphics Design Emphasis.
Glenn Riddle Music
- Music performance contribution and scholastic achievement. Awarded to incoming new freshman. Overall gpa of 3.0+ and gpa of 3.5 in applied lessons and performing groups. Contact Music Department at (608) 342-1143 for audition dates.
Hazel T. and Godfrey Struebing Scholarship
- Any major in the School of Education
James Belongia Scholarship
- Must be a new freshman pursing a degree in education to establish a teaching career. Must demonstrate financial need based off of the FAFSA submission
Jeanne Brunette-Tregoning Scholarship
- Must be female who is pursuing a major in education and planning to teach kindergarten through fifth grade. Student must exemplify good moral character. Must be a graduate from a southwestern WI high school and from a community under 7,000 in population. Scholarship maybe renewable for 4 years if student maintains at least a B average.
Katie Binning Memorial
- Pursuing a degree in English or Art with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater. Student must be active in extra-curricular activities and describe community and school involvement. Preference given to applicants who are from the following surrounding counties of Abbotsford, WI which include: Clark, Marathon and Taylor Counties
Lloyd Daughenbaugh Scholarship
- New freshman who plans to pursue an education degree.
- Any major in the College of Liberal Arts and Education; high academic achievement in high school and financial need.
Lyle & Ruth Olson Memorial Scholarship
- Any major within the Fine Arts Department
- Musical talent; contact Music Department for audition dates (608) 342-1143.
Patricia Magnuson Memorial Scholarship
- Incoming Freshman from Schaumburg (IL) School District to major in teaching or a secondary party to any Schaumburg School District student. Must demonstrate financial need.
Paul & Jan Hemmer Music Scholarship
- Major in music, from Dubuque county, IA, maintain a 3.0 grade point average and demonstrate financial need. Preference is given to a student involved in extra curricular activities. Student may be a new freshman or a continuing student.
School of Education
- Any major in the School of Education.
Tay and Anna (Frances) Dresden
- Student must major either in the School of Education or College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science. Students need to be from a rural community background.
William & Karen Schilling for Platteville High School in Education
- New Freshman from Platteville High School who is majoring in Education. Must demonstrate financial need
Wright Family Scholarship
- Must be pursing a degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Education. Preference give to students demonstrating financial need, from Galena, IL and/or students who are veterans.
Scholarships by Date