NF Scholarships BILSA
CSS to Hide Title
This pane clears float!
College Of BILSA
The following NFS from the College of Business, Life Science, and Agriculture are for incoming freshman. The application deadline is February 1.
BILSA Chapter Alumni
- Recipient shall be enrolled as an incoming student declaring a major administered by the College of Business, Industry, Life Science, and Agriculture. Address financial need, activities associated with the chosen major and why chose UW-Platteville.
Building and Construction Management
- Criteria: Must be enrolled/listed as ITM/Building Construction Management major.
Business and Accounting
- Criteria: New freshmen in the top 15% of high school graduating class; major in either Business Administration or Accounting; can receive all four years if GPA of 3.0+ is maintained.
James R. and Mary L. Cooley
- Criteria: Recipient shall be an incoming freshman who will be graduating from River Ridge WI high School. May declare any major within the college of BILSA. Preference given to students with declared majors in the School of Agriculture.
Livingston State Bank Scholarship
- Student must have GPA of 3.0 or higher, reside in the following counties in Wisconsin: Grant, Iowa or Lafayette and major in Agriculture, Agricultural Business or Business with an emphasis in Finance.
Mound City Bank Directors Scholarship
- Must be a a graduate of Platteville High School pursuing a degree in Business and/or Accounting. Must be in good standing, demonstrate financial need and show commitment to community service. Preference given to a student who is or whose parents are customers of Mound City Bank.
Percy Lavon Julien Science Scholarship
- Criteria: Must be a member of an under-represented minority population, enrolling in Biology and/or Chemistry program. Must have a letter of reference from High School teacher.
- Student must be from the Tri-State area with a minimum GPA of 3.2. Must be pursuing a major in Business and Accounting.
- Criteria: Recipient shall be enrolled as an incoming student declaring a major in BILSA. Financial need is not a criteria.
Ruth Harman Walraven Women In Industrial Tech.
- Criteria: A woman who has declared a major in Industrial Technology Management or Technology Education. Preference will be given to new freshman and new transfer students, but may be given to a continuing student.
Scot Industries Scholarship
- The scholarship shall be awarded to at least one female with a declared major in Industrial Technology Management with a program of study in Manufacturing Technology Management.
Sloan Implement Scholarship
- Must have declared a major in the College of BILSA, have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and from the following counties in WI: Dane, Grant, Green, Iowa or Lafayette. Preference is given to students with Agricultural background.
- Criteria: Must declare a major in the business or accounting area. Recipient must be from a high school located in Grant, Iowa, or Lafayette counties in Wisconsin or from Dubuque County in Iowa.
Agribusiness/Agriculture Economics Alumni
- Criteria: Must be agriculture business/agriculture economics major; leadership qualities.
Alpha Gamma Rho
- Criteria: Must be majoring in agriculture, high school FFA member and eligible to become AGR member.
Atten and Babler Agriculture Scholarship
- Criteria: Must be from the Illinois counties of Jo Davies, Stephenson or Winnebago enrolled in any agriculture major. Preference given to students who have demonstrated involvement in a FFA organization or have an agriculture background.
Frontier-Servco FS Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a degree in Agribusiness, Crops and Soil Science or Animal Science. Must be active in agriculture clubs and GPA of 2.7 or higher. Maybe renewable if continue to meet criteria.
Hartung Brothers, Inc. 5x5x5 Scholarship
- New freshman with declared majors in Agribusiness, Ag Education, Soil & Corp Science, Ag Mechanics/ Ag Engineering or Horticulture. Preference given to students living in communities where Hartung Brothers, Inc. has a presence. Must be active in any of the following organizations: 4H, FFA, Ag Club or any other local Ag Organizations.
Jeanne Brunette-Tregoning Scholarship
- Must be female who is pursuing a major in any agriculture related field Student must exemplify good moral character. Must be a graduate from a southwestern WI high school and from a community under 7,000 in population. Scholarship maybe renewable for 4 years if student maintains at least a B average.
John Haskins Scholarship in Animal Science
- Must be pursuing a degree in Animal Science.
Joseph E. Tregoning Scholarship
- Student majoring in Agriculture and from the following counties in WI: Lafayette, Iowa Grant or Green.
Mid-State Equipment, Inc. Scholarship
- Criteria: Must be pursuing a degree in Ag Engineering Technology or in Agribusiness, preference given to child of current employee of Mid-State Equipment and preference given to student from Wisconsin. Recipient also eligible if transferring to UW-Platteville in Agriculture.
Ritchie Implement, Inc. Agricultural Business Scholarship
- Must be from Barneveld, Darlington or Iowa-Grant High School with a declared major in Agricultural Business.
Soil and Crop Science
- Criteria: Freshman majoring in Soil and Crop Science based on academic achievement.
Stanley Thompson Memorial
- Pursuing a degree in any agricultural major with a preference given to students pursuing Agricultural Education. Involvement in high school activities and academic achievement shall be given consideration. Preference given to students who have an agriculture background.
Town Bank Agriculture Lenders Community Scholarship
- Incoming freshman seeking a degree in any agriculture field from the school districts in the following counties: Grant, Lafayette and Green counties in Wisconsin. Financial need will be a consideration in the selection.
West Salem in Agriculture
- Must be a graduate from West Salem HS and pursuing a degree in Agriculture. Student must have been involved in extracurricular activities and be a U.S. Citizen.
Wisconsin Livestock and Meat Council
- Criteria: Upper 50% of graduating class; animal science major; not a prior recipient of this award. Wisconsin resident.
Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Scholarship
- Criteria: Must be a School of Agriculture student, Wisconsin farm resident and demonstrate financial need. FAFSA must be completed no later than May 1.
This pane clears float!
Scholarships by Date
- December 31: Priority date
- January 15: Apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville in order to receive NFS instructions
- February 1: Application deadline
- March 1: Application deadline
- March 1: All Chancellor Scholarship candidates will be notified of a decision
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Scholarship