CSS to Hide Title
Description of Award
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Chancellor’s Scholarship Program is a highly competitive scholarship program that provides scholarship funding to incoming freshmen up to the full cost of tuition and fees, leadership opportunities and gatherings with the chancellor and other leaders in the UW-Platteville community. The scholarship is renewable based on student performance. The scholarship is designed to attract students who have demonstrated a passion for leadership, who have excellent academic records and who intend to continue high level leadership contribution and outstanding academic performance during their attendance at UW-Platteville. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship funds up to the full cost of tuition and fees
- Leadership opportunities
- Gatherings with the Chancellor and other leaders on the UW-Platteville campus and community
- 2016 high school graduate
- Minimum ACT score of 22 (1030 SAT)
- Demonstrated commitment to education and leadership
- Recipients must be admitted to UW-Platteville for fall 2016
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrated leadership in extra-curricular school, community and/or causes/organizations, which exhibit potential of becoming an engaged member and potential leader within the UW-Platteville campus and the greater Platteville community
- Notable academic achievement based on review of high school records and/or standardized test scores
- Financial need may be considered
- All scholarship applicants must first apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville.
- Submission of a completed Chancellor Scholarship Application.
- Personal Statement addressing the questions provided on the application.
- Provide two references who we may contact in the event we need to verify the information enclosed on your application. Your references should not be a family member or friend.
- Students demonstrating the most notable record of academic excellence or dynamic leadership, as well as the personal qualities that best reflect the potential for becoming an involved campus and community member, will be selected.
- The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Chancellor Scholarship is highly competitive and limited to 10 awards annually depending on the availability of funds.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early
- The deadline for Chancellor Scholarship applications is December 31. Applications must be postmarked by December 31 in order to be considered by the Chancellor Scholarship Committee.
- All candidates will be notified of a decision by March 1.
- Scholarship winners must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the end of each spring semester to have the award renewed for the following year
- Must remain in good disciplinary standing with the Dean of Students Office
- Continuous full-time undergraduate enrollment
- Completion of 24 or more credits at the end of each academic year
- The scholarship is limited to a maximum of four years (eight semesters)
- Recipients are expected to continue their commitment to leadership through campus clubs, organizations and community groups and initiatives