- Meet the Chancellor Scholars
- In the News
CSS to Hide Title
This pane clears float!
Description of Award
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Chancellor’s Scholarship Program is a highly competitive scholarship program that provides scholarship funding to incoming freshmen up to the full cost of tuition and fees, leadership opportunities and gatherings with the chancellor and other leaders in the UW-Platteville community. The scholarship is renewable based on student performance. The scholarship is designed to attract students who have demonstrated a passion for leadership, who have excellent academic records and who intend to continue high level leadership contribution and outstanding academic performance during their attendance at UW-Platteville. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship funds up to the full cost of tuition and fees
- Leadership opportunities
- Gatherings with the Chancellor and other leaders on the UW-Platteville campus and community
- 2016 high school graduate
- Minimum ACT score of 22 (1030 SAT)
- Demonstrated commitment to education and leadership
- Recipients must be admitted to UW-Platteville for fall 2016
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrated leadership in extra-curricular school, community and/or causes/organizations, which exhibit potential of becoming an engaged member and potential leader within the UW-Platteville campus and the greater Platteville community
- Notable academic achievement based on review of high school records and/or standardized test scores
- Financial need may be considered
- All scholarship applicants must first apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville. Students receive their PASS username and password after they apply for admission. This information is needed to apply for The Chancellor Scholarship.
- The application is an online form that students will access through PASS. The application is currently closed and will be available in early October.
INFORMATION TO PREPARE BEFORE APPLYING
- The application will auto-fill your biographical information which includes: name, address, phone number, email address, birth date, ethnicity, high school name/location, graduation date, cumulative GPA, ACT score, and intended major.
Helfpul Hint: Prepare the answers to your questions in a Word document before you begin completing the online application. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- List all extra-curricular school and community activities
- List all academic honors
- List all work experience. Include current and previous employment as well as co-ops and internships
- Describe your short-term and long-term aspirations and goals in terms of your education and career. Discuss how your qualities of character, significant life experiences, leadership, and resilience will help you reach those goals.
- Highlight your personal academic and leadership accomplishments, achievements and experiences that have evoked pride and satisfaction in your life
- You will also be asked to provide two references who we may contact in the event we need to verify the information you enclosed on your application. Your references should not be a family member or friend.
- Students demonstrating the most notable record of academic excellence or dynamic leadership, as well as the personal qualities that best reflect the potential for becoming an involved campus and community member will be selected.
- The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Chancellor Scholarship is highly competitive and limited to 10 awards annually depending on the availability of funds.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early
- The deadline for Chancellor Scholarship applications is December 31. The online application will close on January 1.
- All candidates will be notified of a decision by March 1.
- Scholarship winners must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the end of each spring semester to have the award renewed for the following year
- Must remain in good disciplinary standing with the Dean of Students Office
- Continuous full-time undergraduate enrollment
- Completion of 24 or more credits at the end of each academic year
- The scholarship is limited to a maximum of four years (eight semesters)
- Recipients are expected to continue their commitment to leadership through campus clubs, organizations and community groups and initiatives
This pane clears float!
- December 31: Deadline
- January 15: Apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville in order to receive NFS instructions
- February 1: Application deadline
- March 1st (Deadline): Lois Cooper Scholarship