CSS to Hide Title
This pane clears float!
Description of Award
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Chancellor Scholarship recipients will be entering freshmen enrolled full-time that demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to their education and community and show promise of becoming engaged members of UW-Platteville and the greater Platteville community. The award provides up to the cost of tuition and fees for an academic year and is renewable provided the student maintains the conditions of the award. The Chancellor Scholarship is highly competitive and limited to 10 awards annually depending on the availability of funds.
- Scholarship funds up to the full cost of tuition and fees
- Leadership opportunities
- Gatherings with the Chancellor and other leaders on the UW-Platteville campus and community
- 2015 high school graduate
- Minimum ACT score of 22 (1030 SAT)
- Demonstrated commitment to education and leadership
- Recipients must be admitted to UW-Platteville for fall 2015
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrated leadership in extra-curricular school, community and/or causes/organizations, which exhibit potential of becoming an engaged member and potential leader within the UW-Platteville campus and the greater Platteville community
- Notable academic achievement based on review of high school records and/or standardized test scores
- Financial need may be considered
- All scholarship applicants must first apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville.
- Submission of a completed Chancellor Scholarship Application
- One letter of recommendation from an individual that can comment on your notable academic ability and/or leadership skills. This letter should not come from a family member or friend
- Personal statement addressing the question provided on the application
- Students demonstrating the most notable record of academic excellence or dynamic leadership, as well as the personal qualities that best reflect the potential for becoming an involved campus and community member will be selected
- Candidates will be notified of a decision by March 1
- The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Chancellor Scholarship is highly competitive and limited to 10 awards annually depending on the availability of funds.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early
- The priority date for Chancellor Scholarship applications is December 31. Applications received by this date will be screened and reviewed by the committee.
- Applications received after the priority date may be considered if funding capacity has not been reached
- All candidates will be notified of a decision by March 1
- Scholarship winners must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale at the end of each spring semester to have the award renewed for the following year
- Must remain in good disciplinary standing with the Dean of Students Office
- Continuous full-time undergraduate enrollment
- Completion of 24 or more credits at the end of each academic year
- The scholarship is limited to a maximum of four years (eight semesters)
- Recipients are expected to continue their commitment to leadership through campus clubs, organizations and community groups and initiatives
This pane clears float!
- December 31: Priority date
- January 15: Apply and be admitted to UW-Platteville in order to receive NFS instructions
- February 1: Application deadline
- February 15th (1st Deadline): Lois Cooper Scholarship
- March 1st (Final Deadline): Lois Cooper Scholarship
- March 1: Application deadline
- March 1: All Chancellor Scholarship candidates will be notified of a decision