Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for financial aid:
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (international students are not eligible for state or federal financial aid).
- Must have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- Student must be admitted to UW-Platteville as a degree seeking student. Special students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Demonstrate financial need (except for Federal Unsubsidized Direct, PLUS and alternative loans).
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration (if required).
- Must not be in default on any educational loan and not owe a repayment on a federal grant.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress once in school as determined by the Financial Aid Office in accordance with federal regulations.
- Must be enrolled for a least 6 credits per semester (undergraduate) 5 credits (graduate).