Food Sale Fundraisers
EMS-related student organizations will have exclusive rights to sell food in and around Ottensman and Engineering Hall during Expo! Typically, there are approximately 1500 hungry visitors on campus on Expo day, so this is an excellent opportunity for you to not only raise funds and get your organization name out there, but also to provide a service for visitors.
Due to specific regulations and procedures for food preparation and campus policies regarding approved food sale locations, each organization who plans to sell food MUST be a recognized student organization and MUST be registered with and approved by the Expo committee. All food sales on Expo day must follow the University's Food Selling and Serving Regulations. Note that per campus policy, student organizations may host no more than three food sales per year. The Expo day food sales are included in the three-per-year limit.
The Expo event is scheduled to last from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm. If you plan to sell food, please ensure that you have adequate staffing and food to serve from at least 10:00 am - 1:00 pm.
To request permission to sell food on Expo day, please have a representative of your College of EMS student organization send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email request should contain the following information:
- Name of organization
- Name of contact person
- Email and phone number of contact person
- Type of food and/or beverage you would like to sell
- Preferred location (if any)
Available locations for Food Sales on Thursday, April 6:
- Ottensman North Patio (grilling is allowed at this location)
- Ottensman South Patio (grilling is allowed at this location)
- Ottensman Front Entrance Lobby (no cooking is allowed at this location; only warming and serving)
- Ottensman Room 108 (no cooking is allowed at this location; only warming and serving) (This space may be shared by 2 organizations)
- Engineering Hall Northeast Patio (grilling is allowed at this location)
- Engineering Hall Front Entrance Lobby (no cooking is allowed at this location; only warming and serving)
Items that have worked well for food sales during Expo in the past include:
- Brats (pre-cooked)
- Bake Sale
- Soda and bottled water
As we receive updates, they will be posted on this page. Please check back often.