Giese Facility Management Building
The Giese Facility Management Building houses the facilities management team, the Risk Management office, as well as Central Stores/Central Receiving. The building was renamed the Fred A. Giese Facility Management Building in 2005 to honor the late Fred Giese, who had been the director of maintenance and repair of campus facilities during a time of tremendous campus growth. When Giese came to campus in 1941, he was one of five people on the facilities staff, and there were only two buildings on campus. Giese worked on campus until his retirement in 1972, at which time the campus had grown to 400 acres with more than 40 buildings and a facilities staff of 84 people. He passed away in 2000.