College of EMS Executive Council
Computer Conference Room, PSC
April 6, 2011 Minutes
Members present: J. Clifton, H. Evensen, O. Jadaan, J. Kile, D. Kunz, J. McDonald, M. Meyers, P. Parker, L. Riedle, P. Sealy, J. Wilson, T. Zauche
Visitors: J. Clough, H. Clendenen, M. Muslu, T. Salmon-Stephens
Approval of minutes from March 23 with addition of Explore Engineering summer program to #8 under announcement. Motion by Phil and second by Philip.
Approval of minutes from March 30. Motion by Phil and second by Philip.
1) Tammy Salmon-Stephens commented on Advising Workshops. They were well attended and satisfied with the information.
2) Durant banquet is coming up this next week—please attend.
3) The first pre-college workshop went well last weekend. Those in attendance all shared positive experiences. Two more weekends of workshops coming up. Tammy invited those that could come at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday to see presentations.
4) Joanne shared that letters from the Provost on DRB files have not been generated. No news is good news and they should not worry if they have not received a letter.
5) Tim shared that 4/18 is the Renewable Energy Industrial Advisory Board meeting on campus.
6) EMS Advisory Board is rescheduled for 4/29. If you have agenda items, please share with Joanne. Updates from both MEMS/Nano and Renewable programs were suggested.
7) Julie mentioned that the “favorites” button in PASS is going to be disappearing.
8) Philip announced that EMS Curriculum Committee will be meeting on 4/28. Please get your agenda items to him for this meeting. It will be too late for UUCC meetings yet this semester.
9) Phil announced that the last Dean’s candidate will be coming on Monday, April 11.
10) Dave announced that 4/29 will be a meeting for the NSF grant.
11) Board of Regents will be here tomorrow morning in Engineering Hall for breakfast. Joanne outlined some of the festivities including the rename of PSC and lighting of the M tomorrow evening. She also encouraged everyone to come to the Investiture on Friday at 2:00 p.m.
12) PE and FE tests will take place on Friday and Saturday on campus.
13) The VECTOR Hog Roast is Saturday evening in Engineering Hall.
Adjournment at 2:03 p.m.