Executive Council Minutes
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Computer Conference Room,
present: J. Clifton, H. Evensen, O. Jadaan, J. Kile, D. Kunz, J. McDonald, P.
Parker, T. Scanlan, P. Sealy, J. Wilson, T. Zauche
Salmon-Stephens, R. Carter
November 18, 2010 Minutes
- All holiday
party on 12/14.
opening for Markee Avenue on Monday, 12/13 at 3:45 p.m. Everyone welcome
- Update from
Academic Affairs—Racial panel discussion is being planned for 12/16. This
will be a campus discussion and planned on being in Velzy Commons. Joanne
suggested that we move up the start time for our College meeting that day
to 8:30 a.m. so that we are not in conflict with this event.
Carter—new grant writer for UWP campus. He started this week and will
visit us later.
program for this summer is being planned. If you are interested in being
a part of this program, let Joanne know.
Transfer Students—Osama explained that he gets emails from students asking
for information about whether credits transfer from other universities.
He is suggesting that a policy be developed on handle these types of
questions. Discussion followed. (Quite a lively discussion for 8:00
a.m.) Osama, Tammy, Dave, and Phil will get together to define what a
person might do to accomplish this suggestion and report back to Joanne.
Also, Joanne will bring this topic to the Dean’s meeting with Mittie this
to have Roland Carter meet the Executive Council members. He is the new person
in Grant Writing of the Sponsored Programs Office. Welcome to campus. He is
open to suggestions and ideas that you may have. His office is located on the
5th floor of Pioneer Tower.
Phil motion to approve these changes. Philip seconded. Motion carried
Planning—Joanne shared what she has put together to date and will email it
to the Council later. She outlined some of the changes. Watch your email
for this information. Julie asked about the master planning meetings held
on campus last week. Discussion followed. Joanne needs to get
information to Chancellor Shields by Friday, December 17th.
More discussion will happen at the January College Meeting.
brought up topics for the College meeting next week and wondered if a
discussion of voting rights for teaching academic staff within our
College should be on the agenda. If someone feels that this needs to be
addressed, then an amendment to the constitution would be in order at the
asked about the computer lab in Engineering Hall being locked on the
weekend. EGH 127-- Students in EMS would appreciate having this open.
Ottensman 127 question about who can use this lab as well. Discussion
followed. Joanne will continue looking in to this.
raiser at the Peace Lutheran Church next weekend for the Bjork family.
& Screen process question from Julie regarding the active recruiting
- APC update
- April 5th
VECTOR event on campus is being planned. Howe & Howe Tech are being
discussed as the program. Details to follow.
at 8:56 a.m.