Executive Council Minutes
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Members present: J. Clifton, H. Evensen, O. Jadaan, J. Kile, D. Kunz, J. McDonald, M. Meyers, P. Parker, L. Riedle, T. Scanlan, P. Sealy, J. Wilson, T. Zauche.
Guests present: M. Muslu, T. Salmon-Stephens
Minutes from 11/11 approved. Hal motion. Scanlan second. Osama requested insert “some” under #3 Transfer Students.
1) Equipment money needs to be spent NOW.
2) ABET program fee was paid for out of Dean’s account.
3) Honors banquet is 12/1. Mike Penn will be receiving Professional Development Award.
4) Exemplary advising award may come down to the College level instead of University level. More information to come.
5) College Meeting will be held on 12/16. There will be bylaw changes for the College as well as Appeals Committee so there needs to be a quorum. Please pump
6) College Meeting for approval of bylaws will be 1/12/2011. Lunch will be provided. College planning will also be completed.
7) Tammy webinar sponsored through WEPAN and she encouraged people to attend. This will be in Engineering Hall 211.
8) Tim wondered if anyone was having difficulty getting their web pages updated this semester. This might be because of reassignment of employees in OIT. Discussion was held. Joanne will follow up.
9) Registration—Joanne brought up some teaching assignments and discussions that are going on within the College. Please get any of these concerns to Joanne by Tuesday via email. Discussion followed.
10) Dave Kunz asked about textbook availability for student purchasing. The Textbook Center is not selling books due to lack of money to repurchase books. Lisa will follow up with Rich Egley.
1) Planning Meeting Thursday Evening: All of the pieces are in and have been sent out. Discussion followed. See you this evening!
2) Peer & Aspiration Institutions: Joanne sent out a list. This should be completed by early February. Discussion followed. Let’s start working on this. Send a couple of sentences (followed by your initials) to Joanne by 12/8 on your reasons you believe each institution is on the list. It was also brought up that perhaps there should be a third category titled competition universities. It was also suggested that we ask the Advisory Board for their opinion. Also list what benchmark you like from each of these institutions as well so that we can aspire to achieve these. These ideas will be shared at the College meeting on 12/16.
3) Other: Justin asked about putting together an ABET committee. The first meeting will be held on November 30th.
Adjournment at 8:50 a.m.