College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
April 15, 2009
Members Present: J. Clifton, C. Cornett, J. Kile, O. Jadaan, D. Kunz, J. McDonald, M. Meyers, P. Parker, L. Riedle, P. Sealy, R. Shultz
Visitor: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
1) Mark announced that they had a CEE candidate in yesterday for an interview. They also have another candidate scheduled to visit UWP.
2) Tammy reminded everyone of the Durant banquet on Thursday evening. Friday is Women in EMS Advisory Board meeting.
1) UUCC—CSSE; Joe outlined changes for JIM CS program for informational purposes.
2) UUCC—EE; Phil went through the prerequisite changes to EE 4050, EE 4320, and Ee 4630. Chuck motion to approve. Osama seconded. Motion carried. Other EE changes related to a new course. Discussion was held regarding justification of adding this EE 4050 course. EE will review and bring back modifications along with reviewing the course syllabus.
3) UUCC—IE; Will be done at the next meeting.
4) CSSE Assessment Report—Joe reported on the changes and things being done to make improvements.
5) Core GPA revisited—Review of Physics I as a required course. Discussion followed. All chairs presented how it would impact their programs. Chuck indicated that the Physics enrollment would be increased. Further impact on programs was discussed especially if not all departments make this a requirement. ME proposed to add Physics 2610 to calculate GPA. GE proposed to start the 60 credit rules when the student takes Math 2640. The department also need to look at curriculum for the three 2000 rule in GE section of catalog to see if this will impact your program.
6) Degree Program Change forms—Lisa reiterated again that these forms need to be complete with folder when coming to her. The only options available are either to waive a course or substitute a course because of how this change would need to get posted in PeopleSoft. Questions—please ask Lisa.
Meeting adjourned at 2:05 p.m.